Windows 7 Bluescreens

Zmagool

I built my Computer about 1 year ago and in the beginning i had no problems with it, after about 1 or 2 months i started to get bluescreens. In the beginning a few a week so i kept ignoring them, a month later i got around 5 - 10 bluescreens every day... Enoying
Error msg was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL i located the problem to something with the USB so i started to try the different USB ports, and turned out that when i wasnt using the one of the 4 i had on the back of the computer it was fine.

After that the computer worked fine for almost 6 months until i moved it to another room, then the bluescreens kept comming back, Sometimes the same error msg
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and sometimes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
a few times it didnt have an error msg.

I tried to take out one of my Ram sticks but it didnt work... Then suddenly after a week (i didnt do anything) the bluescreens were gone for almost a month but now they have been coming back again... does anyone have the same problem or something like this? Can anyone help me to find out what it is?

This error message could relate to several things. Possible causes could be:
The error message can occur if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high or the error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. Another possible is when upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS
  1. Restart your computer.
  2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.
  3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the Windows Advanced Options menu.

To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool

1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
  2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
  3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner.
  4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.

As well as the great advice from superbill, I'll just add that blue screens can be caused by a myriad of reasons ranging from drivers,hardware and bad memory. The only thing to do is to make sure all drivers are up to date, check (if possible) any suspect hardware by installing it on another pc and if the same symptoms are seen then thats your culprit. Finally, bad memory can cause all sorts of problems and can be a real pig to diagnose. You need to test each memory module individually using something like memtest 86+ ( Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool ).
The above list is by no means conclusive but will usually cover the bases...

Also check out this site for an explanation to just about every error message I have ever seen. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom