Windows 7 bluetooth problem

koa

my bluetooth device cant be found in the device manager is there another way to find it? also my web cam now displays upside down anyone has any ideas how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated im tunning windows 7 on my only comp so its a bit of a problem

same issue with bluetooth

I'm having the same issue with my dell latitude e4300. It rejects the vista software/driver install as not being a compatible OS. This is working on my Dell Latitude D820 however. I wonder how I can get past this.

Right click, properties, compatibilty tab, set compatibility to Windows Vista, select ok, then try again.

You might want to check Event viewer to see if the status is set to operational and look in Windows Logs to see if anything shows here.

There is a freeware tool called Bluetoothview. It can be download here:
BluetoothView - Monitor the Bluetooth activity around you

It should list any bluetooth devices.

Please do not download any of their other utilities unless you are a highly advanced user.

Last edited by a moderator:
wierd all my bluetooth things are working fine including speakers,mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:
Kyle,

Am I right-clicking on the driver download file? The EXE? The program won't install and the laptop doesn't recognize the bluetooth radio hardware at all. Thanks.

It was painfully long process, but I finally have it working. I installed Vista with all the drivers. I then upgraded to Windows 7. I was successful in pairing my bluetooth mouse. I still wonder if Kyle's suggestion would have worked. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
all working :)

i had to install a bluetooth program from motherboard site then the drivers. found a diferent driver for my web cam too that turned it the right way up no probs now

Work don't work, cell phone control

When I first installed 7, it automatically picked up my sony ericsson cell phone bluetooth. Then I could control my pc, with my phone, transfer files, all kinds of stuff. Until an update, now I can only do about half that stuff. When I try to troubleshoot, it says that a driver is missing, and can't locate one. Where can I download these drivers.

What update did you install.

If is was not an important update, restore you computer to the date the update was installed.

Windows Updates always creates a restore point when updating.

If you need help finding the updates, post back and I';d be glad to help you.

Thanks Reghakr for your quick reply. If you can tell me how to find out if the update was important or not that would be great. I think I know the answer to this, but: Will it not just re-download the update? (probably no, right). I like a lot of others here owe you a lot. Thanks!

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, click the view Installed Updates in the top left corner.

I'm using Windows 7 32-bit and I have 7 of them.

They are listed by date. select the most recent in the list and click Uninstall

If it was a driver that caused the problem, go to Control Panel > Windows Update, and click View Update History. These are also shown by most recent date added.

If you are going to make any modifications, create a System Restore Point first.

Bluetooth - Windows 7 - Solutions

First of all, UNINSTALL all the bluetooth drivers/ softwares from the 'Control Panel' before applying the steps that I have listed below.

I have done this on many PCs ( both Vista and Windows 7) so I know it works.
Here's what you need to do :

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from Link Removed due to 404 Error
this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'
- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

There are few more things that you want to pay attention to. If you have already added the device in your 'bluetooth device list' that didn't work, then remove the device and add it again. After you add it, you might need to restart the computer if it gave you a connection problem error message.

Every PCs that had Windows 7 and Vista worked after installing this software and I hope it will work for you too.

Rajiv Singh Suwal
Computer Engineer

Last edited:
Bluetooth radio not visible.

Help!! I recently upgraded to Windows Home Premium on my Acer Aspire 5100. My embedded Bluetooth worked before the upgrade but it has never worked since. I have tried everything I know. When I went to Acers' site, they showed NO drivers for Windows 7 for my model.

Back