Windows 7 bluetooth stack

hogon52

Hi Guys

have upgraded to Win7 Ultimate from Vista Business running a 64bit OS. I have a problem with an error keeps coming up "unable to start the Bluetooth stack". I have tried reinstalling and updating the Bluetooth driver, still no joy.
Checking the Services it's the Bluetooth support service that seems to stop. I restart it and after about 10mins it stops and i get the error messeage "unable to start the Bluetooth stack" . Anyone have any ideas how to fix it. It's driving me up the wall now lol.

Last edited:
Herr Hogon,

I've suffered with this. I finally found that the Bluetooth BTTray was getting installed into /Programme Files/Thinkpad and not into /Programme Files(x86).

I installed the Widcomm drivers, copied them across and so far so good.

Hope it helps

Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a try.

Download BluetoothView v1.35

bluetoothview_icon.gif
BluetoothView v1.35 - Monitor the Bluetooth activity around you
Copyright (c) 2008 - 2009 Nir Sofer http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php

Description

BluetoothView is a small utility that runs in the background, and monitor the activity of Bluetooth devices around you. For each detected Bluetooth device, it displays the following information: Device Name, Bluetooth Address, Major Device Type, Minor Device Type, First Detection Time, Last Detection Time, and more.
BluetoothView can also notify you when a new Bluetooth device is detected, by displaying a balloon in your taskbar or by playing a small beep sound.

bluetoothview.gif

re bluetooth stack

HI Guys,

thanks for your replys. I have since reinstalled Win7 and seems there was some software i had on original install that was causing the problem. Have a great Christmas. Nice Car by the way

Regards

Hogon52

Using Windows 7 on HP Pavilion dv7.
I, too, get the error message "ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service".
I checked and found the Bluetooth Software in in "C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software".
Is this the correct place?
If not, how do I move it to the correct file location?
(Obviously, I am not extremely proficient with operating system software manipulation.)
Thanks for any help with this.
Larry

Back
Top Bottom