bluetooth

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I chose this because it seems to be the closest I can find to relate to my question. I was watching a tuorial and the person upgrading from Win 7 lost the bluetooth he bought and needs like i do, when he bought his pc. Is there a way to buy back or regain use of the programs the upgrade form 7 t to 8 will not allow? How do you get the needed bluetooth for example?

If I understand you correctly, you're thinking about downgrading your Bluetooth. I wouldn't be so sure it's the right way to proceed. In some cases downgrading is the right way, in most cases not. Usually upgrading is the proper way, even if upgrading may have some problems, due to new issues arising. We still live in a rather new environment of new technology, don't we?

Anyway, you should be able to get any and all software and firmware, older model, from the manufacturer. They usually hold a store all the way back - may take some time to dig into it, though.

Best of luck.

I am sorry if I misled you.
When I ran the assistant to see how compatible my pcs are with Win 8, bluetooth was not compatible.
If I do a clean install or an upgrade how do I regain that feature?

I was just reading an article that said to upgrade the BIOS but being an average user I did not know if that meant before or after the transition from Win 7 to 8.
I also read that upgrading a BIOS could be a big problem.
I wonder if I had an Acronis image of my os and there was an issue with the BIOS would I be able to use the rescue disc to get back to things as they were?

I seemingly got you a bit wrong, sorry 'bout that. Windows 8 comes with Bluetooth drivers by default. If you have had it running with Windows 7, there shouldn't be any problems. But as always, new systems come with new problems. A lot of problems reported with Windows 8 Bluetooth...

BIOS isn't really the issue, it's more related to basic hardware, and management of those, and voltages and such. It rules the basic functions of your computer before Windows step in picture. Taken mainly, you don't really need to mess with the BIOS at all, it's practically "everlasting", unless you want to tune it, and that's quite theoretical. I do update my BIOS, but it's highly due to vanity, I just somehow want to be "on the edge" - whatever that means...

The Bluetooth should not be lost, but I strongly suggest you save everything you have. Preferably on a separate disk, USB or, XD, SDHC, SD, compact flash, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Micro M2 MMC, micro-SD, Mini-SD

I seemingly got you a bit wrong, sorry 'bout that. Windows 8 comes with Bluetooth drivers by default. If you have had it running with Windows 7, there shouldn't be any problems. But as always, new systems come with new problems. A lot of problems reported with Windows 8 Bluetooth...

BIOS isn't really the issue, it's more related to basic hardware, and management of those, and voltages and such. It rules the basic functions of your computer before Windows step in picture. Taken mainly, you don't really need to mess with the BIOS at all, it's practically "everlasting", unless you want to tune it, and that's quite theoretical. I do update my BIOS, but it's highly due to vanity, I just somehow want to be "on the edge" - whatever that means...

The Bluetooth should not be lost, but I strongly suggest you save everything you have. Preferably on a separate disk, USB or, XD, SDHC, SD, compact flash, Memory Stick Pro Duo, Micro M2 MMC, micro-SD, Mini-SD

>>The analyzer found bluetooth to be incompatible so I was asking about it.
I think that due to all the issues surrounding Win 8 upgrades etc, I will be thankful for the Win 7 I have which runs well. if I want 8 or and alternative like Chrome book etc I will buy new and not install new into old.
Thanx again.

Hello Well I finally took the plunge and am running Win 8. I have yet to see if I can get drivers for the items I that were not compatible, Bluetooth being one. I have no idea how to go about it, however. Did it come with the clean install and I go to Dell for drivers or is it now lost? This would apply to Avisynth, ATI, and ATI manager. How do I obtain those if possible? Thank you, Peter PS When I click enter the line does not drop. I have to hold the space bar down until the line runs across then down. - is that the forum or my pc? It seems ok otherwise.

Last edited:
Back