Windows 7 Blurry/fuzzy text

Psycrow

Extraordinary Member
Hi

I have been asking about this before but now the situation has changed.
My problem is a known problem for other people aswell.

Here it goes:

I am using IE 11 ( the latest updated ) and before the update i used IE 8 due the text on ect youtube or other sites that used IE text for standart was getting blurry/fuzzy and ruined my eyes and hurts my head reading the text. This was when i had AMD radeon 7950 card. Now i have a nvidia gtx 970 card but the problem with blurry/fuzzy text is still here..even this text is horrible to watch.

Then i tryed to use google crome and it helped a littel bit..only here the text appers a bit more gray and background like. And still a littel bit fuzzy.

Now today i instaled firefox and the text is SUPER FINE like it should be..back when i had IE 8.Nice and relaxing to read..NO FUZZY/BLURRY !!!

So why has IE 9, 10 and 11 and even Crome messed up the text so bad that people must have glasses or increase the windows system to use 125 % or worse in order to read the text like a old man who cant see well.

I heard it should be related with some kind of direct draw X font that should be better, but why did they create something so horrible that it is roulette if you get blurry/fuzzy text with ur setup and hardware. Maybe Bill gates wants every one to buy glasses in year 2020 so we can look like him..

I second junkydude. It's quite an interesting question. I've had occasional problems with reading, but since I'm slightly elderly, and need reading glasses, I thought that was it. But reading and writing this, I wear no glasses.

Screenshots would be very nice. Although, I don't believe Mr. Gates is trying to enforce sales of glasses. :cool:

I'm using Chrome.

Last edited:
Ok i will provide screenshots tomorrow when i have the time..later until now

Attachments

• FF.jpg
    FF.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 470
  • Crome.jpg
    Crome.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 463
  • IE11.jpg
    IE11.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
Here are 3 screenshots from each browser, but you must download or save em to ur pc and open em each with paint to see what i truely see or else you just get blurry on em all

FF seems to be clearly the best, although there is the fact that the text is smaller, which enhances sharpness. IE11 is the worst, definitely, while Chrome is in between.

I wouldn't still glorify or condemn any of them. Monitor settings, calibration viz. perhaps that of contrast, or perhaps a software might well bring a result that satisfies you. Don't have any links to give.

Perfectionism is not new to me, I'm a photographer by profession.

Yes exactly..you can also see Ff is best and IE worst end crome between..

I have a brand new 970 gtx nvidia and a 1 year old samsung sa650 screen

Thanks for the link but i allready know about clear type and it only makes it worse when i enable clear type..then all the fonts in windows becomes worst like IE 11 screnshot

Windows Registry editing fixed the font thickness issue for me completely,
we can tune the font thickness/darkness by calibrating FONTSMOOTHINGGAMMA value to
between 150 and 190 hexadecimal( 336 to 400 decimal )

- START -> RUN -> REGEDIT
- search for FONTSMOOTHINGGAMMA by keying "Ctrl F"
( will automatically take us to CurrentUser\ControlPanel\Desktop path)
- right-click mouse on FONTSMOOTHINGGAMMA on the rightside, Modify... enter any
thing between 150 and 190 hexadecimal.
(the Lower the value, the thicker the fonts.)
- close the REGEDIT tool
- LOGOFF and then LOGON

Now all the fonts are very thick & very dark in Chrome Browser.

But we must make sure that ClearType smoothing is enabled in Windows
( controlPanel -> personalization -> appearance
-> Effects -> ClearType smooth check ( ticked box ) )

OR alternately in RegEdit ...

FONTSMOOTHING=2 FONTSMOOTHINGTYPE=2
FONTSMOOTHINGORIENTATION=1 for LCD-screen, 0 for CRT-screen

The thing is if i enable clear type, the the whole text in windows fonts becomes horrible like in IE11..so why would i enable cleartype and edit regedit so my browser can look 90 % better and still not be 100 % accurate.

I am so mad and tired of this fuzzy/blurry text problem...I wish the people that created IE 11 with this blurry text can read this:

"I CALL IT BAD CRAFTMANSHIP !"

Back
Top Bottom