Windows 7 blurry text- please help!

geb724

i have a brand 1 week old compaq pc that came loaded with windows 7 home premium. any text (e.g.- menu bar, text on any website) is very blurry or shadowy. i have enabled clear type which has done nothing. my friend has a brand new hp and has the same issue. i have also searched on-line and it seems to be commonplace. it is really annoying. it is not nearly as crisp and clear as it was with xp. my monitor is set for the native resolution, i have updated my video driver and nothing has improved. anyone have any solutions?

What type and make of monitor do you have? If it is an LCD, it should be showing 60 Hz refresh, if it isn't an LCD, it should have a refresh rate above 75 or so.

What type of connection are you using to the monitior?

thanks for reading my post and getting back to me.

i have a brand new compaq 5210f pc and a compaq q1859 which is set at a native resolution of 1366x768 @60hz. i updated my nvidia 6150se with the latest driver from nvidia.

i have tried all sorts of adjustments- clear type, smooth edges, different fonts and they always look blurry/shadowy.

i am using a vga connection to my monitor (my only choice).

I found this if it will help.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

You are using Landscape for an orientation and you do not use the "Make text bigger", which brings up, do you use any ease of access settings?

thanks for the link. i have already tried everything that hp suggets and still no improvement. i do NOT use any of the ease of access settings nor make text bigger.

i am beginning to think that it is my monitor.

Do you have another VGA cable you could use, or double check your connections. Try another monitor, or another computer on your monitor.

Do you have another VGA cable you could use, or double check your connections. Try another monitor, or another computer on your monitor.

i just plugged in an old samsung syncmaster 151s lcd flatscreen and it is much better than the new comapq monitor so i will exchange it for a new one and see what happens.

blurry text update- took cpu and monitor into retail store where i bought it to show them the problems. they gave me a new monitor to try and it was the same thing. i decided to upgrade to an hp 2009m for an additional $30 and what a difference! problem solved for a little extra cash.

[langtitle=es]Re: blurry text- please help![/langtitle]

[lang=es]Al actualizar el driver para la gráfica empezé a ver el texto borroso en algunas aplicaciones. Despues de darle vueltas, buscar en internet y no conseguir nada tras reinstalar varias veces los driver actualizados, recordé el consejo de desinstalar el driver instalado antes de instalar la actualización y así lo hice. Problema resuelto.[/lang]

Hi

When I got my wife a new 17" Dell Studio laptop about a year ago we had this same issue.
The type on any web page looked very, very, fuzzy, while the type in applications was fine. I was really disappointed in the online display.

It was something that could be resolved some how through some change in the settings but the problem is I can't remember what I did to fix it.
I seem to remember that this only happened in Internet Explorer and not in Google Chrome. But I'm not sure of that.

If I can figure it out I'll post it here.

Mike

Last edited:
Back