Windows 7 Blurry text

Thx Mike

But that dident change anything in IE 9
I did get a sharper text in wordpad tho..unchecking smooth edges

My screen.jpgMy screen 2.jpg

Thi sis how i see my screen..i still find some of the text a littel bit fuzzy..it could be more sharp if you ask me..it is like some of the letters apears invisible like

Omg !

I just installed firefox and it feels like i got a pair of new eyes, because the text is so sharp it almost makes my eyes bleed :D

My eyes are way more relaxed now than on ie 9.. my head was exploding from that blurry text.

Perhaps microsoft has signed a deal with glass companies, so people will get ther eyes ruined from IE 9 and buy glasses :D

Last edited:
Hi

Glad you found an answer.
You still might want to give Google Chrome a shot, I like it better then FireFox myself and almost everyone I know is using it now.

Since the fuzzy type thing is obviously a problem that many people have had over a long period of time, it would seem it would be worth Microsoft's time to resolve it.
But I haven't seen anything that suggests they are doing anything about it.

Mike

"Blurry Text" was a wide expression. When I looked at your picture, I was shocked - that was really worth complaining about!

It is difficult to understand why it is happening, only with some. Perhaps MS, in their wisdom, have decided it has nothing to do with their OS, but is hardware related - RIP.

Anyway, glad you got the problem resolved.

P.S. Later.

I might have to retract on that. When I expanded you picture (second click) the text was as close to perfect as it gets. I am still of the opinion that it was a screen resolution problem. But this is far from explaining why only in IE !!

Last edited:
On my pictures the text is readable and is close to good, but comparing firefox then it looks awful !
And yes..it cant be screen res. because i always used this res. and firefox has no problem showing sharp text.

It is IE 9 related and why MS dosent do anything about it is a big question to me...we can always hope for a problem solved in IE 10 or newer.

This is wierd ...i just opened Ie 9 on youtube and then the text was blurry but if i press the maximimize icon in the top corner so it fits to the full screen and then resize it to window mode, then the text sudenly changed to sharp.

But when i close Ie 9 and open it again then the text is blurry again until i do the same resize thing again.

Here is a sceen shot of the changes.

What could be wrong ?

test 1 is blurry and test 2 is sharp or normal

Attachments

• test 1.jpg
    test 1.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 360
  • test 2.jpg
    test 2.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 430
And it also has something to do with Compatible because when i disable Compatible mode and resize the browser window in Ie 9 then the text stays blurry, but if i enable Compatible mode and resize the brower window then the text becomes sharp.

Here is an example of what i see in Ie 9 and firefox and after i rezise Ie 9

It is like Ie 9 starts up with some kind of cleartype enable and when i resize the browser in compatibel mode then the clear type gets disabled..that is how it looks like.

Fuzzy IS 9 text on start up

Fuzzy text.JPG

Firefox text sharp
Normal text firefox.JPG

Ie 9 after i resize the browser
Normal text IE 9 after resize.JPG

So IE 9 CAN show sharp text..but something is messing it up

I don't know what others are seeing, but to me all three are identical and perfect.

No they are not..the first picture might be readable for you, but it has a "cleartype" or "Bold" type of layer that dosent seem to be relaxing for my eyes compared to the 2 others.

Hi

If you look closely you will see that the first image from IE at start has changed the proportions of the type, it is wider.

It is also a little bolder. They all look a little fuzzy compared to the type on my computer.

Type Comparison.jpg

Top to bottom IE at start, Firefox, IE after re-size.
The bottom 2 look identical, the first one IE is different but I'm not sure it looks worse then the others, it doesn't on my computer.

My Computer Type.JPG

This is a sample from my computer, 1920 by 1200 on a 24" monitor.
Ati 5870 video card.

I don't know how much of that has to do with the capture and upload.

Mike

Hi Mike

I dont know what is going on anymore but yes..the first Ie 9 screenshot i made has a bolder form that makes the text
apear unclear to me at my computer, and on my friends computer that also runs win 7 with IE 9 has the same problem showing
the blurry bold text in Ie9 so he uses "crome"

For me this bold cleartype isent relaxing to read

Back