Windows 7 Boot error 0xc000000f and I'm not dual booting

Violentlee

I just loaded 7 two days ago on my 4 year old Dell Inspirion 9300 laptop that was running XP. I upgraded this laptop from the original 60Gb HD to a new WD 320Gb HD. Durin the last day or so, I've been having a blast getting it all set up, solving many errors on my own until this morning. I came in and turned it on and got this error;

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I get few choices as to what to do to fix; One is Insert the Windows CD and restart at which point I'm supposed to be able to move forward. I can't. Upon restart, I get the same thing. I went into the boot selection and changed the system to boot from the CD drive and it starts from the Windows CD and starts to load files.

If this doesn't fix the issue, and I'm pretty sure it won't; does anyone have a pearl of wisdom for me?

Thanks in advance,
Vance

Did you try updating the bios? Maybe it is having problems with the new hard drive. Also make sure the connections are good on the new drive.

Drew, I did the repair several times and kept getting back to the same error.

Saltgrass, I'm probably too much of a greenhorn to know how to update the bios.

I'm really just beginning to think that I may have a bad Win7 disc; rare but possible. I got mine through the college I attend and it's a copy of a copy, so who knows...

I'm back running XP with my old smaller HD until I can figure this out.

Vance

Back