Boot problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by Andrew Wakefield, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Andrew Wakefield

Andrew Wakefield New Member

After pressing the power button, the computer will start, then it will stop booting, then a few seconds later it will continue booting up with no issues. I don't see any problems once I am in Windows,but does anybody know how to get rid of this?

2. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

Do you have any USB devices like hard drives coinnected? They can cause a pause at startup.
    Joe

3. Andrew Wakefield

Andrew Wakefield New Member

No and it's a completely new rebuild, I thought it was a trait of my old PSU but I just got a brand new Corsair AX860.
    This has happened since new 5 years ago then I noticed it was only my PC doing it, it's an EVGA one of these http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/132-bl-e758.pdf.
    I have updated the BIOS and reset defaults many times I just can't find what does it?

#3 Andrew Wakefield, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  4. RingAnimated

RingAnimated Well-Known Member

Have you left any boot-able discs in the disc drive?

5. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

CD / DVD drives can cause trouble, if a disc is inserted, even if it isn't bootable. Before shutting down, do remove any discs. "Worth a try".

6. Fixer1234

Fixer1234 Senior Member

Try booting in safe mode and watch the screen to see what activity is occurring at the time during which you are not seeing visible signs of activity.

7. mikedesigner

mikedesigner Active Member

Could also be Malware or Virus! If none of the above works I would run AVG or whichever antivirus program you have.

8. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

It might be beneficial for us to see your Disk Management window if you use the snipping tool to take the picture then attach.

It might also be use to see your Bcd Store listing to see how it is booting. If you enter the command below, it will put a text file on your Desktop which you can zip and attach. Copy and paste the command in an Administrative Command Window.

bcdedit /enum all > %userprofile%\Desktop\bcdtext.txt

But the system trying to start some device or device driver could be delaying the boot. If the system were checking for some type of PXE boot, it might delay and you could turn that off in the Bios.

Where exactly during the boot does it hesitate, prior to the log in screen? And does it make a difference if you are cold booting or restarting?

If you can't find the problem, there is some special software we an use to track it down.