Windows 7 Boot problem

After pressing the power button, the computer will start, then it will stop booting, then a few seconds later it will continue booting up with no issues. I don't see any problems once I am in Windows,but does anybody know how to get rid of this?

Do you have any USB devices like hard drives coinnected? They can cause a pause at startup.
Joe

Try booting in safe mode and watch the screen to see what activity is occurring at the time during which you are not seeing visible signs of activity.

Could also be Malware or Virus! If none of the above works I would run AVG or whichever antivirus program you have.

It might be beneficial for us to see your Disk Management window if you use the snipping tool to take the picture then attach.

It might also be use to see your Bcd Store listing to see how it is booting. If you enter the command below, it will put a text file on your Desktop which you can zip and attach. Copy and paste the command in an Administrative Command Window.

bcdedit /enum all > %userprofile%\Desktop\bcdtext.txt

But the system trying to start some device or device driver could be delaying the boot. If the system were checking for some type of PXE boot, it might delay and you could turn that off in the Bios.

Where exactly during the boot does it hesitate, prior to the log in screen? And does it make a difference if you are cold booting or restarting?

If you can't find the problem, there is some special software we an use to track it down.

Back