Windows Vista Boot Process

rickory

Extraordinary Member
Is it possible to view ,real time ,the boot process both before and after log-in?If so how?:confused:

I am not sure if this is what you mean, but if you open Msconfig and look under "Boot"
You can enable a boot log and also "os Boot information" which gives you a visual on the booting process..
Afterwards, the boot log will be found in \Windows\ntbtlog.txt

Thanks. This is a simple curosity on my part. I don't want to kill the cat. I know that McFee takes the longest to load about 50 sec. It takes about 120 sec. for the computer to settle down. My Vista seems to have less problems then most and I refuse at this point in time to install SP1.Will enabling os Boot info.increase my boot time? Would there be any other advantage except to satisfy my curosity? All of this is not very important I guess!Anyway thanks for your comments.

Hi Celestra, Seems like everything that program does can be done in Vista. A 10 sec. boot seems impossible except in some lab. Thanks for the reply.

."Will enabling os Boot info.increase my boot time? Would there be any other advantage except to satisfy my curiosity"
First one - No. second one, I'm afraid, also no.

Back
Top Bottom