Windows 7 Boot screen issues

gongkia2000

Hi guys,

I've searched the forum and googled but there seems to be no direct fix to this problem.

I'm running an upgraded Windows 7 ultimate from Vista 64 Ultimate (I know, I really can't afford to do a clean install) and I have a small problem, a very small but a tad annoying one.

I am running a geforce 8800GTS with the latest WHQL certified drivers from nvidia.com and a Dell 2407WFP screen running at the native resolution of 1920x1200, connected via DVI.

Whenever I boot my computer, instead of the fancy new boot screen (which I would very much like to see on my own PC), I just see 2 red dots appear above the "Starting windows" text. I don't see the nice animation. Yes I have done the boot thingy in msconfig and all the boxes there are unchecked, I tried running it at a lower resolution of 1024x780 to 1280x1024, of which I obviously do not which to run long term.

All to no avail, of course.

I really want to have a proper boot animation on my Windows 7! Everything else works great.

Please help ):

Thanks guys

I would imagine that a fresh install would cure your problem.

We have had many, many posts of users complaining about problems after upgrading. The solution is always to to a clean install and I would think that this would be true of your case too...

that would really be a last resort, i'm just wondering if there are any other options I could exercise, since everything else is working great and that this is just a minor problem.

Thanks.

You could try the 'Repair' console.. Just boot from the disk but instead of installing hit repair. If it can repair it, time will probably take about an hour to complete

Back