Windows 7 boot ssd

lucyislay

alright lads ive managed to install 7 on my aspire one 1.5 gb ram 8gb ssd i now have 4.15 mb of space does anyone know a way around this, on linux i put a ssd card in the slot and it showed up as 16 gb as the harddrive, maybe there is a way to either install programes on the external ssd or boot windows from it any ideas will be greatly apreaciated
nice one Liam

8GB Hard drive. Windows needs a minimum of 18gb. It installs on 8gb but no programs will be able to be installed. I would get around 2 10gb ssd cards. Since im running 7 on 22gb and its just fine.

sd boot

thanks for the reply but if i get 2 x 10gb ssd can i somehow install programes on them, my hard drive is an ssd so im unsure if i can upgrade this

Well this is what you should do. Buy a 20gb one if possible and do a brand new install of windows 7 on it. Then install programs on it. Then files on your other card.

Hi lucy,

I assume you are doing that as an experiment.

You won't be able to boot a Windows o/s from a usb attached drive. You should be able to store data and install programs on the external drive.

However, Windows needs more space to breathe than you have remaining on the 8gb drive.

You could remove some of the things you don't use from 7 , like speech support. tablet pc, accessibility - and numerous others.

You can do it with vlite - get v1.1.6 as it does not require The enormous WAIK download and can work as is. You can install v1.2 over the top of it.

Remove what you don't want from the 7 installation files - it will rebuild them and create a new .iso .

Then install that - should take up less disk space - could be a lot less depending how much stuff you take out.

cd boot

what about merging an external sd card with the internal ssd this works on linux is there any way of doing it on windows i noticed there is a merge option in command prompt

Back
Top Bottom