Windows 7 Booting issues, have tried literally everything

Andrew McCabe

Please help! Windows 7 will not boot up on my Toshiba Satellite. I recently, 2 months ago, upgraded from Vista to 7-pro, had no problem, and it had been running great. The only weird thing that had been happening is a screen appeared a few weeks ago that initiated a "disc consistency check" but I was able to cancel it and bypass into the normal OS. Randomly yesterday, I turned the machine on and it shows the Toshiba start-up screen, then continues onto the prompt asking me to start windows normally or perform start-up repair. I have tried both options, with the "start windows normally" option leading me to the "starting windows" text and icon and then a flash of a blue screen and then back to the Toshiba start-up screen. The "start-up repair" option leads me to a black screen with the white cursor and nothing more. I have tried the following: booting off of the Windows 7 Upgrade backup disk that I have (nothing), downloading a start-up repair disc and booting from that (nothing), safe-mode (nothing), switching the boot order in the F2 menu, and all of the F8 and F10 options which all lead to a black screen with the cursor. So now the question is...am I totally screwed or is there a solution that does not involve spending hundreds of dollars to dissect my hard drive? Thank you for all responses!
Andrew

Please help! Windows 7 will not boot up on my Toshiba Satellite. I recently, 2 months ago, upgraded from Vista to 7-pro, had no problem, and it had been running great. The only weird thing that had been happening is a screen appeared a few weeks ago that initiated a "disc consistency check" but I was able to cancel it and bypass into the normal OS. Randomly yesterday, I turned the machine on and it shows the Toshiba start-up screen, then continues onto the prompt asking me to start windows normally or perform start-up repair. I have tried both options, with the "start windows normally" option leading me to the "starting windows" text and icon and then a flash of a blue screen and then back to the Toshiba start-up screen. The "start-up repair" option leads me to a black screen with the white cursor and nothing more. I have tried the following: booting off of the Windows 7 Upgrade backup disk that I have (nothing), downloading a start-up repair disc and booting from that (nothing), safe-mode (nothing), switching the boot order in the F2 menu, and all of the F8 and F10 options which all lead to a black screen with the cursor. So now the question is...am I totally screwed or is there a solution that does not involve spending hundreds of dollars to dissect my hard drive? Thank you for all responses!
Andrew

I turned the machine on and it shows the Toshiba start-up screen, then continues onto the prompt asking me to start windows normally or perform start-up repair. I have tried both options, with the "start windows normally" option leading me to the "starting windows" text and icon and then a flash of a blue screen and then back to the Toshiba start-up screen. The "start-up repair" option leads me to a black screen with the white cursor and nothing more. I have tried the following: booting off of the Windows 7 Upgrade backup disk that I have (nothing), downloading a start-up repair disc and booting from that (nothing), safe-mode (nothing), switching the boot order in the F2 menu, and all of the F8 and F10 options which all lead to a black screen with the cursor. So now the question is...am I totally screwed or is there a solution that does not involve spending hundreds of dollars to dissect my hard drive?

Troubleshoot Startup Problems with Startup Repair Tool in Windows 7 & Vista - How-To Geek

How to Manually Repair Windows 7 Boot Loader Problems - How-To Geek

Fixing "BOOTMGR is missing" Error While Trying to Boot Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

If the startup repair does not fix it, then you could restore your system from a backup.

If you have no backup, you could reinstall using 7 setup DVD or try clean install from the upgrade disk (you mention "windows 7 upgrade backup" which I'm not sure what it is.)

(Link Removed - Invalid URL)
(Installing and reinstalling Windows 7)

Back
Top Bottom