Windows 10 Booting problem

msnarayanan

Dear all
Windows 10 is not getting updated.
After downloading 100% again and again this action is repeated.
More over, when windows is opened,
It is not as before. Some horizontal colour lines are appearing. It takes long time to open and the typing and movement of mouse take long time.
Your help please.

M S Narayanan

Hi,
have you tried installing drivers obtained from your manufacturers support page?

It was working fine till last month. The drivers might have been installed by the vendor when the Dell laptop was bought some years back.
Should I install drivers and how?

M S Narayanan

Go to the Dell website, click on the Support tab and serch for Windows 10 drivers for your device.

Should I install drivers and how?
As Pat says pop along to Dells website and do a search for your machine.

If you cannot use your machine to download, is it possible to use another pc/laptop and stick them on a usb stick?

Dear sirs
I tried Dell website. It is not checking the drivers. Meanwhile, I uninstalled windows 10 update program. Now, it seems, my laptop is starting as before.
Result is that windows 10 could not be
Updated in my Dell laptop.

M S Narayanan

Sounds like you fixed it?

If any problems return please post back.

dear Mr kemical
The problem persists. Is there a way to reinstall windows 10 or windows 8. I ran
Driver update. There appears a message
Drivers were updated and no action required.
Even the mouse or touch pad is not working
Properly. Literally I had to struggle with the mouse to bring the cursor at a required point.
I would be happy if windows 7 is installed to make my Dell laptop works fine.

Your help/suggestion would be greatly be appreciated.

M S Narayanan

Hi msnarayanan, can you try to download last Windows 10 update from internet? you only have to type "windows 10 update" on google and you will get the microsoft page to start update verification, the verification start with Microsoft software to download.

Dear sir
I shall try to do it, as suggested by you.
I will come back to you sooner I download windows 10.

M S Narayanan

Dear sir
I tried installing windows 10. But downloading could not be done due to some problem. I am using Dell laptop.

I also tried to reset the system. After some time, a popup message appears saying it could not reset and that no changes made.

As it is, it takes about 15 minutes before it comes for any work. Till such time, something is happening behind the screen,
Making mouse almost ineffective and colour lines/strips appearing either horizontal or
Perpendicular.

Your help is needed to rectify this problem.

M S Narayanan

Dear all
Now that I get a message "congratulations Your PC Is compatable'. while clicking on update app.
After showing 100% update, again it starts from the beginning. What would be the problem,?
I am really. fed up.

M S Narayanan

Dear sir
I tried all the steps suggested by you.
It is still not starting as before. It takes a long time to show a screen without coloured lines. I also ran msxonfig.msc and selected normal start. No luck.
Though it is annoying, I work on the computer after it settles down.

M S Narayanan

Back