Windows 7 BOOTMGR missing????

44caliber

I installed all the drivers for my Sony VAIO VGN270f laptop. Including the battery, hard drive, BD Rom and some other drivers. When i restart after the installation, Windows showed a massage that the battery I'm using is not compatible, and they requested to hibernate and change the battery. I took off the battery and plug it in again, but it was the same. So i turned off bit defender and did a system restore assuming that it's a problem with the driver. Guess what, it didn't work.
Now, windows 7 won't start! :confused:
It says that the BOOTMGR is missing. I tried a repair. - didn't work.
Then i tried to reinstall windows 7, it copies the files, but won't expand. It says that it cannot install the required applications....

What the hell is this??? Usually i'm very good at these kinda stuff. But here i'm totally stuck..
What should i do?

Thanks in advance

Then i tried to reinstall windows 7, it copies the files, but won't expand. It says that it cannot install the required applications...

You are trying to reinstall 7 from the installation DVD, correct ?
Did you format the partition before the installation process began ?

The battery has a driver?

Are the drivers you installed compatible with Win 7?

Did you ever get the 100 mb System Reserved Partition?

This may be one of those cases where you need to reset you bios back to default or use a procedure Sony provides for resetting it.

If you are ready to completely reinstall, try using diskpart before you install to clean the drive first. Do you have special partitions on your drive that Sony put there?

The battery has a driver?

Are the drivers you installed compatible with Win 7?

Did you ever get the 100 mb System Reserved Partition?

It's not a driver, it was some software for battary. And, i had a problem with that too. It said that the battery I'm having in the laptop is not compatible... But it was the VAIO battery.
And, all the drivers were from the SONY website, and they were only for my VAIO. (i typed the serial number) They were W7 compatible.

Btw. I connected my laptop hdd to a desktop with a crossover, and deleted all the partitions. Then windows 7 was installed. So now the problem is solved. Anyways, do you know where to download the entire User manual DVD (you know, the one they give) for my laptop? I kinda misplaced it.

Thanks.

I would probalby call Sony as ask for a replacement. You might be able to download, but if it is a restore disc, it may only be available by mail. I checked the model number here and the Sony site said it was not recognized.

Back
Top Bottom