Bootmgr when trying to install

Neewt

Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my 2# HDD, it's a clean install and I had a cd which I burned with imgburn, problem is that I burned too fast so it said "Missing files or corrupt", then I switched harddrive and re-burned on another dvd at x4 speed.

When I switched back to the HDD I was gonna install it on it says "Bootmgr is missing" when I'm starting the computer.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? I really want to have Windows 7 and would appreciate help.

patcooke

Microsoft MVP
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Boot from the install dvd and run repair.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my 2# HDD, it's a clean install and I had a cd which I burned with imgburn, problem is that I burned too fast so it said "Missing files or corrupt", then I switched harddrive and re-burned on another dvd at x4 speed.

When I switched back to the HDD I was gonna install it on it says "Bootmgr is missing" when I'm starting the computer.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? I really want to have Windows 7 and would appreciate help.
If this is in relation to your other post, then you already have been given the answer about using pirate software.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.