Windows 7 Bradford

Bradford

I am new. I have 3 PCs to do. Two with Home Premium one with Ultimate. Did my mothers yesterday with Home Premium. Got eveything to work including Live mail, but can't down load the compatible 2010 Bitdefender anti virus package. Windows Update works.

The start up I get Windows Installer not working. I did uninstall on the old Bit Defender using their tool, but can't get new 2010 to upload after (no response) I get :confused:a message about Windows Bootstrap failed????

Thank you, hope someone can help.

Do you know if it uses the Installshield setup?

Did you perform an upgrade or a "clean" install?

Thank you. I loaded this over the Vista 32 bit OS on my mother's Dell. Regarding the Install shield setup. I don't know. I purchased a Family pack (does 3 pcs) from Staples. Includes both 32 & 64 bit disks. I put in, started up, read the compatibilty manager piece and installed. All went automatically.

Wow. Do you suppose?? I received a reply to a request from customer support at BitDefender. No mention made just tools to uninstall and install 20010 anti virus. Thank you.

I have made no progress today

I had stated what I was doing in my initial request to Bitdefender, but you raise a good point. Thank you. I have asked specifically (did not see anything on the site) I find it a difficult support organization to work with.

If they do not do you have a anti virus you recommend? I use Webroot for Spyware.

Again much Thanks!

I use Spyware Doctor as I have a 10 year license.

It's highly rated. Check it out by searching or go to their site:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I had stated what I was doing in my initial request to Bitdefender, but you raise a good point. Thank you. I have asked specifically (did not see anything on the site) I find it a difficult support organization to work with.

If they do not do you have a anti virus you recommend? I use Webroot for Spyware.

Again much Thanks!

Bradford,

Windows 7 and Bitdefender 2010 should be compatible with eachother however it might be wise to attempt to re-download the upgrade install from Bitdefender's site. If that doesn't work I would also recommend you check out Microsoft Security Essentials. For further information, please go here: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom