Brain Teaser

alfred01

Fantastic Member
This is just a little game some might enjoy. I'm going to give you a riddle and the first person to solve it has to, well you don't HAVE to, but it would be nice if the person who guessed correctly puts up their own riddle. Here goes.

I am usually seen at night but sometimes during the day. I sometimes show you all of me, sometimes just half, sometimes just a quarter and other times you can't see me at all. What am I?

my answer is :p :D :D = The moon

my riddle

a scientist created a duplicating cell, he placed the 1 cell in a jar at 10am each minute the cell duplcated itself, 2 hours later (12) the jar was full and couldnt duplcate no more,

at what time was the jar half full?

my answer is :p :D :D = The moon

my riddle

a scientist created a duplicating cell, he placed the 1 cell in a jar at 10am each minute the cell duplcated itself, 2 hours later (12) the jar was full and couldnt duplcate no more,

at what time was the jar half full?

Thank You for participating kaos. You are, of course correct. May I suggest that in the future, when the riddle's become more difficult, as your's is, that you please wait for confirmation from the poster that you are indeed correct before posting your riddle. Thank You

This is a good one and I am going to guess, 11:00 am?

sorry i will change the riddle if people find it more difficult, annd yes i will wait untill the ridle has been confirmed solved

sorry 11am isnt correct

No kaos please don't change the riddle. It's perfect. Now we're going to kind of make up the rules as we go so if I can ask a question, do each of the new cells double every 10 minutes as well? If I can't ask a question then call me rocky and throw me in the ocean. This is your call. You decide if I can ask a question or not.

[langtitle=ca]Re: Brain Teaser[/langtitle]

[lang=ca]ok

11am - 1 cel
11:01 2 cells
11:02 4 cells
11:03 -8 cells
11:04 - 16 cells
11:05 -36 cells
so on and so on :)[/lang]

Re: [langtitle=ca]Re: Brain Teaser[/langtitle]

OK, so I'm figuring that you're saying it's OK to ask questions.

Then my answer would be 11:59 am?

yes thats correct as when the last minute turned to 12 the cells duplicated and full jar:)

your riddle :p

OK I think this is going to be tough.

I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?

You may need a hint, after a couple attempts, I'll give one if needed.

The Letter " e " ??

Damn kaos, you're good. OK, your turn.

hahah go kaos :D

a business man lives in a 30 story building, the man lives on the 30th floor

each day the man gets in the lift to the bottom floor and goes to work

later that day he returns , gets in the lift to the 14th floor an walks the rest of the way ...... why is this???

NOTE : He does this every time he goes to work

Last edited:

Holy crap on a cracker, this is a thinker.

kaos, can you give me a hint on this one? :)

ok, he does actually live on the 30th floor, hes not knocking any one off on the 14th floor lol,

think why he wouldnt press the 30th button in the lift? (all buttons do work lol)

OH, because he can't reach the button for the 30th floor? He's a short fella.

spot on mate , well done :)

spot on mate , well done :)

Only because you gave it to me. OK, now let's see.

The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?
:confused:Link Removed due to 404 Error

a coffin.... the reason why i say this

the man who build it wont need it coz hes not died
the man who bought also isnt dead

the man who doesnt know has it because he has died

Amazing, kaos you are brilliant. Either that or you found the same web site I did. lol :rofl: You're up my friend.

Back
Top Bottom