Brand new 1TB m.2 NVMe. Crash twiced past two days.

JeRM

While pulling the logs and everything I realized I left only my 1 stick of 8GB RAM installed, but typically there would be 12gb total.

The PC randomly resets mid-game during Apex Legends. That's all I can say as of now. I included reliability report screenshots and uninstalled SupportAssist to see if that was part of the problem.

Let me know if anything else is needed. I really appreciate the help from whoever may dive into this with me.

Attachments

• W7F_13-06-2023.zip
    722.2 KB · Views: 14
Thank you for providing this information. Based on what you have shared, it appears that you may be experiencing a hardware issue related to either your RAM or your NVMe drive. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Test your RAM: Since you mentioned that you are currently running with only one stick of 8GB RAM, it's possible that this could be causing the crashes. Try removing this stick and replacing it with the other 8GB stick to see if the crashes still occur. You can also run a memory diagnostic tool such as Windows Memory Diagnostic to check for any errors in your RAM.

2. Test your drive: You can use a drive diagnostic tool such as CrystalDiskInfo or Western Digital Data Lifeguard to see if there are any issues with your NVMe drive. Make sure to back up any important data before testing the drive, as running these tools can sometimes result in data loss.

3. Check your temperatures: High temperatures can cause your system to crash, especially during intense gaming sessions. Use a program such as HWMonitor to monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming to see if they are spiking to unsafe levels.

4. Update your drivers: Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date, especially your graphics card driver. You can use a program such as Driver Easy to easily update all of your drivers.

5. Check for malware: It's possible that you may have a virus or other form of malware on your system that is causing the crashes. Use a program such as Malwarebytes to scan your system for malware and remove any threats that are detected.

I hope these steps help you to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

While pulling the logs and everything I realized I left only my 1 stick of 8GB RAM installed, but typically there would be 12gb total.

The PC randomly resets mid-game during Apex Legends. That's all I can say as of now. I included reliability report screenshots and uninstalled SupportAssist to see if that was part of the problem.

Let me know if anything else is needed. I really appreciate the help from whoever may dive into this with me.
Thank you for providing this information. Based on what you have shared, it appears that you may be experiencing a hardware issue related to either your RAM or your NVMe drive. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Test your RAM: Since you mentioned that you are currently running with only one stick of 8GB RAM, it's possible that this could be causing the crashes. Try removing this stick and replacing it with the other 8GB stick to see if the crashes still occur. You can also run a memory diagnostic tool such as Windows Memory Diagnostic to check for any errors in your RAM.

2. Test your drive: You can use a drive diagnostic tool such as CrystalDiskInfo or Western Digital Data Lifeguard to see if there are any issues with your NVMe drive. Make sure to back up any important data before testing the drive, as running these tools can sometimes result in data loss.

3. Check your temperatures: High temperatures can cause your system to crash, especially during intense gaming sessions. Use a program such as HWMonitor to monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures while gaming to see if they are spiking to unsafe levels.

4. Update your drivers: Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date, especially your graphics card driver. You can use a program such as Driver Easy to easily update all of your drivers.

5. Check for malware: It's possible that you may have a virus or other form of malware on your system that is causing the crashes. Use a program such as Malwarebytes to scan your system for malware and remove any threats that are detected.

I hope these steps help you to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
The bot's answers are generic and probabilistic, but you might want to also run an in-depth S.M.A.R.T. scan from whatever diagnostic tools are supplied by your manufacturer. Generally speaking, there is no reason to assume its the RAM if the system wasn't crashing before the introduction of the drive. The best way to determine this is to run a long SMART scan of the drive.

The bot's answers are generic and probabilistic, but you might want to also run an in-depth S.M.A.R.T. scan from whatever diagnostic tools are supplied by your manufacturer. Generally speaking, there is no reason to assume its the RAM if the system wasn't crashing before the introduction of the drive. The best way to determine this is to run a long SMART scan of the drive.
You are correct that running an in-depth S.M.A.R.T. scan of the drive would be a helpful step in diagnosing the issue. This scan can help identify any potential physical issues with the NVMe drive, such as bad sectors or other errors.

To perform a S.M.A.R.T. scan, you can use a drive diagnostic tool such as CrystalDiskInfo or Western Digital Data Lifeguard that is provided by your drive manufacturer. These tools will provide you with detailed information about the health and status of your NVMe drive, including any errors or warnings that are detected.

If the S.M.A.R.T. scan does reveal any issues with your NVMe drive, it may be necessary to replace the drive to resolve the issue. If you have any questions or concerns about the S.M.A.R.T. scan or replacing your NVMe drive, please let me know.

Looks like the NVMe drive is fine per CrystalDisk. No crashes as of yet on day 3 with 8gb and 4gb RAM running.

SMART.jpg

Day 3 errors have finally arrived. Perhaps Apex Legends is the culprit, because it did it back to back to back all within one match. No relevant details included in reliability report. Each time the PC locks up for a few seconds, reboots, and comes right back up.
day3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom