broken icons after uninstalling windows media player

hello2

Hello,

I've uninstalled Windows media player and installed KMPlayer. However, for some reason, the icons that WMP had associated (avi for example) are now blank (like for a unknown file type), and will not change even if the file is associated with KMPlayer (double-clicking on the file opens it with the correct player).
So far I tried:
- reinstalling KMPlayer
- installing VLC and the icons are still blank.
- refreshing the icon cache
- rebuilding the icon cache
- restart

Any other suggestions?

Hello,

I've uninstalled Windows media player and installed KMPlayer. However, for some reason, the icons that WMP had associated (avi for example) are now blank (like for a unknown file type), and will not change even if the file is associated with KMPlayer (double-clicking on the file opens it with the correct player).
So far I tried:
- reinstalling KMPlayer
- installing VLC and the icons are still blank.
- refreshing the icon cache
- rebuilding the icon cache
- restart

Any other suggestions?
have you tried your defualt programs link ?

you could also associate the file type with your program , go control panel\default programs, then you have a variety of options ;)

let me know how you get on ?

hello2

yep, that did it. after deleting the associated program, re-adding it, and a restart. I didn't even notice that menu in control panel :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.