Windows 7 Browser crashes

THADFC

I have both IE 8 and Firefox installed.
Both repeatedly crash.
Does anyone else have this problem and if so what are they doing?:(

I have found that once I return from hibernation, initially Firefox states it is not responding (maybe for 10 seconds), then returns to normal.

Hope this helps?

Steven

i also have this problem. i tried ie, firefox, google chrome and opera. they all crash randomly.

this also happens with my old computer running xp but not with my laptop which is running vista.

Last edited:
I uninstalled Flash Player wiht Revo Uninstaller ran Ccleaner then rebooted. Just select any video and you will be prompted to install Flash. I did this Sun and haven't had problems with either since.
Joe

Re: Pre-install them.

Problem fixed!

I was having this problem on a new Windows 7 64 bit machine. All browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE) constantly crashing, which usually led to Windows Explorer crashing and Task Manager being inaccessible. Only option was was to cut the power and reboot. When browser crashed but Windows still available, could not reload any browser nor stop the browser process in Task Manager. Crashes would occur when opening a new tab. No pattern to the crashes (i.e., based on whether flash was on the site, etc.). Subject tab that caused the crash would load fine when I rebooted and asked the browser to restore the pages open before the crash.

I searched various forums and tried all sorts of fixes. Nothing worked.

Then, I uninstalled AVG (good antivirus program I've used on other PCs). Magic. Everything worked fine again after what had been many hours of frustration and 20x crashed per day.

Do you happen to have, by chance, Nvidia's network driver installed?
I was experienced the same probem. It seems this driver was causing all the crashes. Uninstalling it solved the problem for me (seems this driver is quite useless anyway, since you don't need it at all).

For those of you getting browser crashes when doing anything with Flash and you're already running the latest version, mess with the settings here and you may be delightfully surprised.

AdobeClearFlash

Re: Pre-install them.

Then, I uninstalled AVG (good antivirus program I've used on other PCs). Magic. Everything worked fine again after what had been many hours of frustration and 20x crashed per day.

AVG is the absolute worst causer of bsod in all of my experience. It also slows pcs down way more than it should. #1 recommendation of all possible software that I say to stay away from. Daemon Tools and its sptd.sys is a close second.

what I found was causing my browser crashes was Flash and Windows Defender. It finally dawned me that the crashes happened after Windows Update. Reinstalling flash worked until the next Windows Update.
Joe

Back