Browser

teak

Gotta admit, Google Browser was super. I uninstalled Firefox. This used to be such a good browser. Google is fast and accurate. I still use explorer at times. Great suggestion.
Thanks
teak

Ever since version 2.0 was released, Google Chrome has been my browser of choice. I recently switched to Firefox for a few weeks and must say I'm still not pleased by it - hogs resources and loads pages slowly. Chrome with it's "V8 engine" is certainly a powerhouse and is the fastest browser on the market, with Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 being it's closest rival in my opinion. Not to mention the Chrome Web Store has thousands of themes and exceptional addons.

Even though I have Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, and Safari installed, I mostly use Chrome, and the occasional Firefox (I just like options, I guess). Chrome is fast, has many useful add-ons, and customizable themes. Same goes for Firefox, but I think Chrome is faster.

I'm almost sold on Chrome with AdBlock and auto-HD for YouTube alone. I have a Surface RT now though so I'm stuck with internet explorer and TPL ad blocking, which I'm fine with.

Only two browsers are popular, one is Chrome due to speed & chrome web store and the other is Firefox for reliability & millions of add-ons. I like both of them :)

Only two browsers are popular, one is Chrome due to speed & chrome web store and the other is Firefox for reliability & millions of add-ons. I like both of them :)
That's actually a false statement. Internet Explorer actually has the highest market share of any browser. not because it's so great, but because it comes preinstalled on every Windows PC and many people don't even know how to download or use a different browser.IE10 Passes IE9, Firefox Down but Chrome Up

That's actually a false statement. Internet Explorer actually has the highest market share of any browser. not because it's so great, but because it comes preinstalled on every Windows PC and many people don't even know how to download or use a different browser.IE10 Passes IE9, Firefox Down but Chrome Up

Yes but Chrome is catching on, Firefox has lost major ground however due to Chrome.
I say if any browser has the chance to knock IE out its Chrome, google has the power to push it.

Microsoft's issue is their browser engine. They insist on continuing to use their custom Trident engine which isn't supported by millions of websites around the world (hence compatibility view). If they were to ditch Trident and adopt WebKit or similar, IE could be truly great again. Meanwhile they keep churning out stupid promotional video trying to make people believe it's great.

Microsoft's issue is their browser engine. They insist on continuing to use their custom Trident engine which isn't supported by millions of websites around the world (hence compatibility view). If they were to ditch Trident and adopt WebKit or similar, IE could be truly great again. Meanwhile they keep churning out stupid promotional video trying to make people believe it's great.

Yeah trident should be retired, its definitely showing its age more and more.

Back
Top Bottom