Windows 7 BSOD, 0x0000003B

mantikor9335

Hey, I used to get Bluescreens once a month for quite a long time now and got kind of used to it and didn't really bother fixing the issue since it was occuring very rarely, but lately they have occured more and more often, even 3 times in the past two days. So I'm at a point where it really starts to bother me, especially when I'm doing something important on the computer or playing online games. Another thing I noticed (or maybe it just seems to me that way) is that the BSOD mostly occurs when I'm watching a stream, sometimes without playing a game aswell, sometimes with me doing so.
I also wrote down the technical information during the BSOD: "Technical Information: *** STOP: 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005, 0xFFFFF800036C1E96, 0xFFFFF88007820140x00000000000000000)
No idea, if this is useful for you guys, but I thought I might aswell include it, before someone demands it afterwards.
I hope I included every file necesarry, tell me if you need anything else.

Attachments

• W7F_29-12-2014.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 330
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800036b6ac5, fffff8800980ede0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the system tried to read memory but either the data or the memory was corrupt which then caused the bsod. This can be caused by either drivers, system service and/or hardware (RAM).
Checking over your system details I noticed your Bios is very old.
BiosVersion = 0804
BiosReleaseDate = 09/11/2009
Current version is now at 1804
I also see your running Bitdefender, Secunia and Tune up from AVG and I wonder if these are conflicting? If you don't use any of these apps anymore then uninstall them or update them.
Driver wise your a little limited in some ways due to the age of the motherboard and the chipset which is Nforce. Nvidia do not make either chipsets or the drivers that go with them anymore so you'll have to use the driver found on the web page here:
http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/M2N68AM_PLUS/HelpDesk_Download/
Please re-install the chipset driver to ensure nothing is corrupted.

Look for command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results

If after making the above changes you still get the bsod then you need to test your RAM.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Hey thanks for the answer first of all. Umm, the three programs are not conflicting at all, but I just uninstalled Secunia because I'm not using it anymore. I consider keeping Tune Up because it doesn't cause any problems and I'm regurarly using it. Is there any instruction to install the chipset and the new bios? I don't even know what these are good for, sorry. Found the bios 1804, for the Chipset it's Version15.49?
I'll do the RAM testing after that. Thanks so far for everything :)
*Edit: Did the scan, nothing was found

Last edited:
Hey it's me again. I installed the chipset driver and everything went alright. I don't quite understand how to install the Bios 1804 I found on your linked website. It's just a 500KB Rom file? And I was wondering, is the Bios update necesarry, as in could this be the cause of the bsod? From what I saw it's mostly to support new CPU which I'm not planning to use right now.. Sorry if any of these questions sound dumb, I'm fairly fairly uneducated on this subject and just want to make sure not to cause even more problems :p

Hi,
well see how you go. If the bsod doesn't return then don't worry about the Bios updates and as you say they are mostly for updating to later cpu models. Post any new dump files and we'll go from there.

Code:

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )

---------
Hi,
The above bugcheck can be caused by either (yours was a Status_Access_Violation):
Cause
This is a very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.

Common exception codes include:

• 0x80000002: STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT
    An unaligned data reference was encountered.

• 0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINT
    A breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.

• 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    A memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver attempted to access.)
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
Faulty device driver or system service. In addition, a faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.
Ref:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/hardware/ff557408(v=vs.85).aspx

When I asked about testing the ram you wrote that you'd ran the test. How long did you run Memtest86 for?

It might be worth applying those Bios updates as well judging by the Bugcheck. Your manual describes how to apply the update using Asus Ez Flash:
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/428921/Asus-M2n68-Am-Plus.html?page=26

Can you post what your Network set up is? The reason I ask is because I found this driver:
wod0205.sys Fri Apr 22 23:57:31 2011: Weonlydo network driver

Oh hey, I'm sorry but I with having ran the scan I meant this
"Look for command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results"
Didn't run the other scan yet since everything seemed fine after installing the chipset driver.
How do I post what my network setup is? I actually don't manage the network stuff in our house, my dad does. I just deactivated this connection, I have no idea what it is and googling didn't give me much. Could that be a driver that comes from using a wlan repeater? We used one a while ago but replaced it by another one that works a lot better currently. Anyway, after deactivating nothing happened, internet still works perfectly fine - should I just uninstall it? Where do I locate this driver?
Also I'll try to update the BIOS today or tomorrow

If you look in the Add and remove programs section found via the Control panel it should be there and yes if you finish using any software or driver it's always best to remove it usually.

Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80003482afe, fffff880091838d0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceSharedLite+4e )

Code:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s
Hi,
please test your RAM as advised above.

Back