Windows 7 Bsod 0x0000007F

Indeed it can. In fact if the bsod had continued I would have eventually asked you about the make and model as well as age. Can you please post that information.

Sorry i meant can you post the make and model of the psu as well as it's age.

well looks like i have to get a new power supply. Would it be safe to turn of asus power sure protector beacuse i herd it can have false positives problems.

Well it looks like the only thing to do now is just wait, il try to get back to you if any problems come up. The PSU will be arriving by Wednesday to Friday this week.

Ok understood. Best of luck with the new hardware and of course post back if anything crops up.

So i got my new power supply its a 600w Antec psu and im not getting any power surges as of now. But i do have one question: Could a fauly power supply be linked to the screen shuting off but sound in background still plays but nothing can be done to set it back? Beacuse that would happen every so often when i play a high demanding game for a few hours.

Has it happened since you got the new PSU? If it hasn't then chances are it was linked to the old one which wasn't powerful enough.

How do you know that you have had a power surge? Does something trip out? If so what?

Have you had any bsod's since the new PSU has been installed?

I use a Asus motherboard which comes with its own anti surge shut off. When it says it occurs it shut off pc and gives a screen like what i put bellow (its not my picture due to me forgetting to get my camera) and the Bsods as far as i know have stoped but i am still continuing testing to see if i can be 100% sure.

Attachments

• aa5f4d8ee4c46c6b6431326a5de6a0fco.jpg
    aa5f4d8ee4c46c6b6431326a5de6a0fco.jpg
    693.6 KB · Views: 257
I sadly don't have any extra parts. And this hasent been happening for the last few days with my new PSU just once last night. Do you know anyway i can test my pc to see if there is a corrupt part on my pc that is causing this. And after i do a next reboot i will be turnin off my asus surge support due to my power cord being already on a anti surge platform.

You've pretty much scanned the pc with the tests you've been running and it sounds like that anti surge app is set too low which is why it's tripping out. You only have to do a quick search to find many links which relate to this. If i was you I'd turn it off and just keep a watchful eye out. Any problems post back.

Well it seems like there is now another problem. when playing games for a couple hours the screen turns black, sound cuts of or loops for a few seconds and than stops but the PC is still on.
My idle temps are around 29c - 39c
Gaming temp is around 40c - 60c
Games this has happened on are: Ark and Insurgency.

Last edited:
Back