Windows 7 Bsod 0x0000007F

I have seen this issue before and have even suffered the issue myself. I tried in vain to track down what the actual cause is and it can be different things for different users it's just a case of trial and error. Firstly try updating your drivers (Nvidia just released a new driver). If that doesn't help try stopping hardware acceleration.
How to Turn off Hardware Acceleration

My vidya card wont support acceleration. And i forgot to mention that i recently cleaned both the insides of my graphics card and my cpu fan (which caused problems like this before) and this has been happening before i cleaned it too. Oh and my Nvidia drivers have been updated. Also should my display drivers and video drivers be the same because i found that my display was at 59 hertz and my card was at 60 hertz. Edit:It wont change.

Last edited:
So this has been happening before the bsod started? Has the issue happened recently?

This particular one had happened after the first bsod although i dont know if there related. But this type of issue has happened before on my pc and have been fixed by a simple cleaning. The weird part is that the other times this happened it would crash my screen after a few minutes but now it happens anywhere from 10 minutes to 9 hours (usually while trying to load something) in a game.

The black screen happened again while playing a game.
I got some logs on my idle GPU around 40-50c
in game around 50-70c
And here are some pics of gpuz in case u see something that might be causing this.

Attachments

• Capture8.PNG
    Capture8.PNG
    64.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    58.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
In trying to find the actual cause of this event one has to look to any possible weak points in the set up as a whole and if I remember back you have two different types of RAM currently running in the machine. One set is using XMP profiles and one set isn't, I would turn off the xmp and see if it makes a difference.
Heat can also cause this issue to happen with either the cpu or gpu although the temps for the gpu you quote above are ok. Todays gpu's usually run quite warm (70-80c) so don't worry about that. Try reseating the gpu as well.

I forgot to add that i found a little switch next to my cpu called Gpu boost and it looks to be on should i turn this off? Im also thinkin that this might be a bios problem so im planing to set everything to factory default.

Last edited:
Both sound like good ideas and is just the sort of things which may help.

I found a problem when looking at my ai tweeking to change the x.m.p it was already turned off to auto mode. Can i change this or am i going to have to just take them out?

If you can fully turn the xmp off I'd try that first. Any of these suggestions sound like good ones to make and it will be trial and error as to which one proves to be the solution.

By the way I see your into Fallout judging by your Avatar will you be getting Fallout 4?

Hehe cool.. Now we just gotta wait until the 10th. Did you watch any of the live stream that guy put out?

Ok ... Well the site has been seized by the FBI unless he's streaming somewhere else? I imagine Bethesda weren't too happy about it.

Back
Top Bottom