Windows 7 Bsod 0x0000007F

Well i guess as i wait the white screen happend again about 10 minutes ago. I was playing ark for about 10 minutes with temps of 72c il leave text box with the full thing at the bottom, so maybe its not heat. i have all the right drivers on a new hdd, iv gottent a new cpu, motherboard, fans, psu so could this mean that my gpu is just broken?

Attachments

• gpuz.txt
    50.4 KB · Views: 355
Well the temp isn't excessive really. Todays gpu's are designed to run around 80c so that's no biggie. I was trying to find what psu you were using but this thread has got so long i can't find it. Can you post again about which PSU it is. also can you test the card in a different machine?

Well the psu 600 watt hercules and this the pc im running this card on is a different machine form what i had when i first brought this up. The psu and the card are the only things from my old pc. also dose this fury thing end because its been 30 minutes already.

also dose this fury thing end because its been 30 minutes already.
I thought you said above it crashed with a white screen?

Also if i remember correctly you had down clocked the card which had stopped the crashes. Have you set the clocks back to default?

Also that PSU is not very good. Chances are it's the PSU which is at fault as it's a very cheap model. I tried to find some info about it but not much is known although the Hercules 500 psu is apparently the worst psu ever reviewed lol. In any case whether it's the psu or not you need to upgrade it to a better model. Also older models are not designed to run on the latest motherboards which is another reason to upgrade.

Edit: Sorry yes turn the Furmark app off.

Wouldent the pc turn off if the pc had problems and it still happend with the old psu. oh and the clocking thing turn out to not work after all.
and the white screen happend before i did the furymark test while i was playing a game.

Yup I'd upgrade to a branded model. If that PSU is a few years old it will make it even weaker as they lose power over time. The one thing you should never skimp on with a system is the PSU.

Having read through your entire thread again I would say that it's either the cheap psu or the gpu which is at fault. Personally I'd buy a branded psu but it's up to you.
As you've changed the whole system but kept the gpu and psu one would have to think it's either one thats at fault.

Last edited:
Having read through your entire thread again I would say that it's either the cheap psu or the gpu which is at fault. Personally I'd buy a branded psu but it's up to you.
As you've changed the whole system but kept the gpu and psu one would have to think it's either one thats at fault.

Thermal paste? I doubt it as it would probably overheat which it isn't doing.

I'm going to ask another forum member to give his opinion too so wait and see what he says's before doing anything.

Just to add for more context of this, This card and the pc have been working perfectly fine for over 3 years till about august of this year when this started happening, the games that get black/white screens now have always worked perfectly before with zero problems. Im also going to document the crash on a video if i can

Last edited:
USSNorway is one of our regular contributors as well as a staff member and I'll copy and paste his remarks (just to save him typing it out all over again)

''General advise at this point;

I would personally replace both the power supply and the C hdd then reinstall a fresh Windows (without any steam software) and back that up with Acronis or similar before adding the games in fact the best option is to only have a basic Windows on the C drive and games/ programs on other drives… this allows you to revert the c drive to a previously saved c drive image when unexpected shit happens and is much faster than trouble shooting errors & If money is an issue then I'd do the power after the hdd.''

Also can you give some history on how you've put this machine together? It sounds like from what you've said that two computers were used to build one system. What is your current specification.

Well this is a hdd and newly installed windows with all of its drivers. And this happens not only on steam game but for Origin and others.
History of old system

2013 jan 1]
"Cooler master build pc" old pc
had 8 gigs of ram and a gt 9700 i believe and a 350 watt psu
2013 June] got a gtx 660ti the one im using right now
2013 around October] Psu started dieing got a new one that was a 450 watt psu of same Herculies brand.
2013 December] got a new motherboard asus p8z77-v pro
2014 august] First time i had black screen when cpu keep getting overheated fixed by cleaning.
2014 December] got 8 more gigs of ram
2014 December] part of old hard drive got corrupted rendering windows 7 kinda glichy
2015 June] started getting fequient black screens after few minutes of gameplay fixed by cleaning card exsept for gpu chip. was cause by overheating.
2015 august] Blue screens started happening of 0x7f happend now seems to be fixed.
2015 august] started having psu problems
2015 august-now] been having problems with black and white screens il put a video at bottem of a simmer case
2015 October] Psu died got a new one 600 watt
2015 November] had a motherboard problem so i made a new one from a Dell xps 8300 and put my new psu and my gtx 660 ti in it
2015 now] :'( still happens even tho new mobo, hdd, cpu, case ,sata cords, windows etc. only old things are my gtx 660 ti psu and my steam account.
Closet thing i can find to my problem
go to around 3 minute mark.
And i cant return my graphics card as it just past warrenty

Thanks for the video. My advise would still be the same in regards to the PSU. I've been trying to find out more detail on the PSU you actually bought and have discovered it produces 25A on the 12v rail. Your GPU needs 24A so it's a close thing and normally I'd say you'd be ok but as this is a very cheap PSU I would hazard that it just isn't strong enough to keep the juice flowing.

Back