Windows 7 Bsod 0x0000007F

So i desited to get a new Psu and Graphics card. I am going to try to get a Gtx 970 but i know ur the person who seems to know alot about psu so i wanted ur opinion on a
Corsair CX600 CP-9020048-US 600W Power Supply

Hehe I had one of those PSU's and it was very loud at times. I ended up replacing it because it was so noisy. There are ways to make it run quieter but that means turning certain power features off in the bios which I wasn't prepared to do. The CX series is Corsairs builder series of psu's and this link gives you an idea of the different levels to Corsairs PSU builds:
The Differences between All Corsair Power Supply Units

You may find that your CX600W runs fine but as I said above for me it was too loud.

So iv came up with 4 possible psu's and sense i literally no almost nothing about the power supply i want to know your opinion on what is best. Antec 550w bronze / Antec 520w i believe it was gold 80+ / Antec 630w gold / Antec 620w gold and this is for a system with a gtx 970 ,and intel i7 2600 3.40GHz, 16 gig hyperx ram

So i finally go that small loan of a million dollars iv been needing and got an Asus Strikx Gtx 970 and 630w antec psu. Il report back if the black screen happens again. :D

Well the black screen has yet to happen again but........i found a new issue :( my cpu has been goin crazy and not in the sound way (With all my new pc parts my pc is almost completely silent) My idles range from 37-70c and ironicaly when playing heavy bearing games it ranges around 50c and rarely goes over 65c. so far iv moved all my PSU cords to where my cd rom was and cleaned my CPU cooler. If you need more info i added all my specs to my info list on my profile. Edit: Avast was causing some problems so i had to put it out to rest and that helped reduce idle temps by about 5c. And if you have any recommendations on free real time anti virus or anti Mal software that isent malwherebytes (Already have it installed but real time trial ran out) id be glad to see it.

Last edited:
Hi,
sorry to hear you have a new issue. When you see the CPU temp going nuts again open up the Task manager and see processes are running.

I had around 100 background stuff but most where system processes and small extensions like chat bars on steam. only about 7 had any bearing on cpu. Also while i was doing this pic i am downloading 64 gigs of games on steam.

Attachments

• Capture.999998.PNG
    Capture.999998.PNG
    113.2 KB · Views: 297
Here are some more pics from manager and other temps i found.

Attachments

• Capture.999987.PNG
    Capture.999987.PNG
    116.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Capture.8888889.PNG
    Capture.8888889.PNG
    108.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Capture.Dankcard.PNG
    Capture.Dankcard.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 279
Well nothing looks terrible but still I'd go through your start up apps and see if you really need that app to start up as soon as the pc is running.

Well those temps aren't terrible. What is your cpu cooler like? Is it stock or a third party heatsink and fan?

I have more news my temps now after deleting avast have settled around 38-50c at idle with the normal (steam, Firefox, Nvidia apps, sound panel drivers for headset and temp watching programs) all on. But now with games like Gta 5 i start getting temps around 70c and for only a around a few secs to a min up to around 80c is that safe? So far it has not happened on other games. i will see about getting that fan and luckily they don't seem to be to uncommon. oh and i found boost options in my bios like intel boost, could i possibly turn those off for better temps?

You could but i wouldn't. Temps like 80c are not uncommon with stock Intel coolers and as long as the cpu is only hitting that temp for a few moments you'll be ok but do upgrade soon if you can. Did you read the thread I posted as that has info about your chip as well as temps?

Hmm the thread seems to be simmiler to my issue altho not as bad as mine. So i really really REALLY hate taking out my motherboard cuz of how everything fits like puzzle and would take up to 6 hours to take everything out safely and than about 3 hours to put back together, so would you say a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 is a good cpu cooler?

Attachments

• Capture.cpuz.PNG
    Capture.cpuz.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 308
Well i got good news and bad news. Bad news is the fan did not fit the "dell 1155 socket" no matter what i did (i even took the entire motherboard and case out). Good news is that instead of taking 6 hours to put everything back in it took only 5 hours 55 minutes and 32 seconds (a new record for that pc) im not sure if my socket can actually fit any other fan type as of now, il see if i can send you a pic as i forgot to take one of this socket type.

Back
Top Bottom