Windows 7 Bsod 0x0000007F

not being able to find things in file explorer is still happening.
What do you mean? Like when you use search or do you mean files and folders? Can you take screenshot of what you mean?

Looking back you have had several viruses which may have introduced some corruption. Why not try running a sfc scan?
Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

You could also try removing currently installing applications and see if the pc speeds up a little. How much space is on the HDD? If it isn't much then that can also have an effect.

Try running the Eset scan I link to a few posts ago. This will check your pc for viruses.

I already ran eset that is what found the viruses. And i ment slow like how when serching it will just load forever and not find amything. I cannot use snip but i can try useing a phone video to show. As far as i know no folders are currupt just dont load the same way. My hdd is a 1tb and has about 109 gb left on it. Is see if i can send you a video when i get home. And as far as i know i cannot accses snip to screenshot as any programs i serch for on the windows search thing in the tool bar will just load forever finding nothing.
Oh one thing i forgot to mention is that i usraly have around 960 gigabytes in my hdd but i removed some stuff yesterday to get 100 more gigs free.

Last edited:

So i recorded this on my phone and sorry for the video quality i know its quite crap. If you see in the video look at the icons and loading of window explorer file thingy and how slow the This pc folder moves. Im now not sure if my hdd is broken due to a few things that i have seen while transferring files, My phones built in usb also sufferd from this same issue while i was transferring the video, And one interesting note is the speed of read and write speeds are there so far has been no change to any speeds such as boot and downloading and allocation files and no performance hit while in game which is what i herd happens to failing hdd

Lol video is private..

Check your HDD by using something like speedfan. There's a section in the app where you can view the drive's smart values plus it will also give you an online report.

sorry about that i have made it unlisted now and i will see about this speedfan app
Update well i ran that S.m.a.r.t check with speed fan and like all the others i used it came up with no errors, and all the additional info about the drives seem to be the same as befor this happend as far as i know.

Last edited:
Try using this defragger a few times:
I've just installed Disk Defrag Free, a great tool to make your PC run fast and smooth
I used to use this app before I got a SSD and it's pretty good. I'd check your SMART settings with speedfan and if the HDD looks fine then I'd would say that your probable best course of action is to back up what you can and perform a proper clean install making sure you download your drivers first.

So how exactly would i back up my data beacuse i dont have any extra hdd on me at this time. oh and the smart check for that auslogic thingy said my hdd was good with no errors and im defragging now.
Update: Well i did the defragging a few times with Disk defrag and it seems nothing has changed.

Last edited:
So how exactly would i back up my data beacuse i dont have any extra hdd on me at this time.
Do you have any writeable disks or USB drives? You can always back up to a writeable disk or what about the cloud?

See if running these scans help but ultimately i think you would be best served with a fresh start.
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Also remember what i wrote about 'Speedfan'. You can get an online report about the state of your drive:
smart.jpg

You can download Speedfan here:
SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

The speed fan temps and all other specs and test both said my hard drive was perfectly fine. But that sfc scan found something currupted it left a cbc log in my windows folder im not sure if its needed or even how to upload it.

Just zip it up and upload it like a dump file. I'll take a look see.

Wow! Thats a lot of repairing, files are overlapped and many folders needed repairing. Try running it a few times rebooting inbetween each one. Also if your running a SATA drive make sure your running in AHCI, I think i asked you before but do check.

As I've said I would have clean installed ages ago. Apart from trying something like system restore and returning to a point when you first upgraded (I still don't think that will help to be honest but hey) there isn't much more you can try. In my opinion the upgrade process is possibly the worst way you could install a os and i avoid doing upgrades as much as possible..

But how would i do this clean install i dont have another 1tb hdd or any hdd close to that size to put my data on, all i have is a 4gb flash drive. and i have no cloud storage.

Back