Windows 7 Bsod 0x00000124

B.a.d

hi guys, I try to install windows 7 rc build 7100 from boot, but the setup doesn't start and I've a BSOD error 0x0000014. I know that is a bug of windows 7 RC whith certain mainboard due a pci. This bug is solved in recent build? sorry for my english but I'm Italian...

Hello and welcome,
Sorry for all the questions, but........
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?

my motherboard is Asus P5VD2-MX - CPU: PENTIUM D 945 3.4 GHZ - GPU: GEFORCE 6600 512 MB - RAM: 1 GB DDR 2 GB
I'm using windows Xp sp 3 32 bit. the build 7000 works fine, when I tried to install the build 7100 I've this problem. it's a clean install

First, did you burn the ISO at it's slowest speed (1x) and you a good quality name brand DVD?

I would suggest you upgrade the components of your motherboard here

the dvd is a tdk dvd-rw burned at 4x. the components of motherbord are upgraded. in other forum i read that this problem is a bug of RC and only solution is or using onboard vga or change motherboard. I hope that will solve in a rtm

Back