Windows 7 BSOD 0x000001E on startup

dbltlk44

Hello everybody,

New member on the forum and in a quest for a fix!

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5166 laptop with WIN7 Home Premium 64 in for repair, with the following spec's...

• Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor 2.3 GHz, 3MB Cache
  • Mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
  • Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
  • 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
  • 640GB Toshiba Serial ATA hard disk drive

When booting normally, it will BSOD as Windows is starting, and then reboot.
When booting in Safe Mode, it will successfully load but only run for a minute or 2 before BSOD. Basically, it won't stay running long enough to really do anything while WIN7 is in operation in either mode, so I can't run CPU-Z or SF Diagnostics.

BSOD is 0x000001E ( no driver named ).

I'm not aware of anything updated prior to this happening; it belongs to a client of mine and is in for repair. So far, I've...

run chkdsk in external HD enclosure ( no errors),
memtest ( no issues),
start-up repair ( didn't find a problem)
System restore ( didn't help)
reseated RAM ( didn't change)
Virus/Malware scans ( 2 found in Temp Internet Files and removed)

Any insight, help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Attached is the mini dump files from today.

Thank you!

View attachment SevenForum.zip

As the non-expert here, I can say the Dump files are very consistent.

It does not mean this is causing the problem, but AppleMobileDev is listed in all the dump files. It is probably related, either because it might be involved in some type of conflict, either a driver related to it, or something interacting with it. You do have Symantec installed, so maybe it is related some how.

I also notice you have a couple of 2012 drivers installed. Kdcom.dll and Tsddd.dll are both from 2012. With kdcom.dll showing as 1/18/2012 where mine is 2/5/2011 and Tsddd.dll showing as 1/13/2012 where mine shows as 7/13/2009. Not saying they are the cause, but maybe a little suspicious.

Have you run a system file check on the system? If you can't run SFC /scannow from Windows 7, you can boot to the Install DVD and run it from the command prompt in Offline mode.

Thank you for the reply Saltgrass!

I tried to run sfc from within Windows Repair, but it wouldn't run, due to a "pending operation"..not exactly sure what that might be! I did do a system restore, but could be stuck in some kind of loop.

I got the idea that possibly AVG ( which was installed at one point in time ) or Symantec might have something to do with it all, but I'm not quite sure how to proceed with removing any Symantec files from the system. As for the 2012 drivers...worth looking into! Will be sure to post whatever I find, success or failure.

Thank you for your time Saltgrass, most appreciated!

Back