Windows 7 BSOD - A Rainbow Of Flavors

hoserama

Random BSOD and program crashes have been a way of life for me for approximately three months now. My original set-up had been flawless since conception nearly two years prior. I have my opinions of what needs to be done but would really like a second opinion before i sink more money into this project.

The BSODs received are not always the same but most commonly occur when playing games (i am a Supreme Commander 2 fan) or watching movies on FLV or Windows MP.

Here is a list of things I have done sequentially. With each step below, the BSOD still existed.

1) Reformated computer with Windows 7 Professional 64bit
2) Purchased/installed new memory
3) Purchased/installed new motherboard
4) Swapped out video card with known good card
5) Reformated computer again because i was bored
6) Uninstalled Norton 360, purchased and installed Kaspersky
7) Yanked out wireless adapter, routed 75 foot of RJ6 in attic to be better connected
8) Used MS verifier to verifier all non-MS drivers - no issues found
9) Ran memtest on new memory - no issues found
10) Complete checkdsk on boot drive - no issues found

I have attached screenshots of RAMMon which caused a BSOD when I first ran it (Weeee!), CPU-Z, and all DMP files since my most recent format.

Please help!

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    918.6 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Update these two drivers
L1C62x64.sys 3/31/2009 Determine which atheros card you are using and update from here ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)
and
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 from here Driver updates - GEAR Software
Use your system's BIOS utility to set your memory properly currently your 667Mhz (1333) memory is set to 7, 7, 7, 20 command rate 2T, which is more appropriate for 533Mhz (1066) should be set to 9, 9, 9, 24 command rate 2T
Make sure when you run memtest86+ you do so from a cold platform, after the machine has been of for an hour or so and make sure you run 7 passes at least.
Also chkdsk on any other installed / attached drives just to cover your bases. You're getting some NTFS file system, Page Fault and PFN list corruption which may involve a driver other than your system drive if you have either moved your page file to another physical drive or are using ReadyBoost on removable storage.
Regards
Randy

Back