BSOD after clean windows install

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by sirashortcake, Jul 31, 2012.

1. sirashortcake

sirashortcake New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am in desperate need of help. I have a home build that was running excellently for 6 months until I decided to reinstall Windows 7 Pro. Since then I have had constant blue screens. I've attached everything according to the posting instructions. I'm not good at reading minidumps so if there is any information in there that pinpoints the problem please let me know! I want my perfect computer back! Let me know if you need more information. Thanks

View attachment Seven Forums.zip

#1 sirashortcake, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Begin by updating your system BIOS,
    Code:
    BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    BaseBoardProduct = P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
    BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
    BaseBoardProduct = P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
    seems you are two or three behind, two of which address system stability. ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    Make sure to read and understand the notes for v3304 which I will assume pertain to the latest 3402

If afterwards Blue Screens persist then
    Check your hard disk for issues by using the native Disk Check Utility. Open an elevated command prompt and type
    chkdsk C: /R
    and hit enter. Answer in the affirmative “Y” when prompted and reboot your computer. Allow it to complete all five stages which will likely take some time (bigger the drive, longer it takes) and check the results in the Event Viewer when complete.

Check your system memory for problems.

3. sirashortcake

sirashortcake New Member

Thank you for all the help. After updating the chipset, bluetooth, and intel sata controller drivers and updating the BIOS my computer is running smoothly. No blue screens after playing Skyrim for 3 hours and leaving on overnight for a download. Thanks for all the help. Marking this one as solved.

4. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Great job. Thanks for posting back and letting us know that things are better now.