Windows 7 BSOD after clean windows install

sirashortcake

Hi Everyone,

I am in desperate need of help. I have a home build that was running excellently for 6 months until I decided to reinstall Windows 7 Pro. Since then I have had constant blue screens. I've attached everything according to the posting instructions. I'm not good at reading minidumps so if there is any information in there that pinpoints the problem please let me know! I want my perfect computer back! Let me know if you need more information. Thanks

View attachment Seven Forums.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Begin by updating your system BIOS,
Code:
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
seems you are two or three behind, two of which address system stability. ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Make sure to read and understand the notes for v3304 which I will assume pertain to the latest 3402

If afterwards Blue Screens persist then
Check your hard disk for issues by using the native Disk Check Utility. Open an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
and hit enter. Answer in the affirmative “Y” when prompted and reboot your computer. Allow it to complete all five stages which will likely take some time (bigger the drive, longer it takes) and check the results in the Event Viewer when complete.

Check your system memory for problems.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here.
Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test on RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Thank you for all the help. After updating the chipset, bluetooth, and intel sata controller drivers and updating the BIOS my computer is running smoothly. No blue screens after playing Skyrim for 3 hours and leaving on overnight for a download. Thanks for all the help. Marking this one as solved.

Back
Top Bottom