Windows 7 BSOD - Blue Screen After Sleep Mode

mattsee

Hey there. I recently put together a new computer and installed Windows 7 on it. Everything seems to work fine, except when I resume using the computer after it goes to sleep, I get a BSOD. When I wake the computer up, it shows me the log-in screen, but when I click on my user profile to log in a blue screen appears. Also, it only seems to happen when the computer enters sleep mode on its own. If I put it into sleep mode, it wakes up with no problems.

I've attached the most recent DMP file if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at it and help me out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D

Attachments

• 070612-9094-01.dmp
    286 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
I see you have a driver from 2006, GVTDrv64.sys, which may be Gigabyte EasyTune related. Do you run that app and if so, you may want to check for an updated driver.

Also, you might check/change the settings on your network adapter for Power Management. There have been times when they had problems with sleeping.

Thanks for the reply. I don't use Gigabyte EasyTune, so I don't think it's that.

How do I check the settings on my network adapter?

The driver mentioned may belong to something else, but it is running. If it was left behind, you should be able to stop or remove it. If something else is using it, maybe updating that utility might help.

To check your network adapter settings, type ncpa.cpl in the Start Menu Search box. When the Network Connections dialog opens, right click your adapter and select properties, then the Configure button. Power Management Tab and try un-checking the box allowing the system to turn off the device. If this helps, you may need a newer driver for it. Nothing in the dump file indicates the Network Adapter is at fault. It just says a Driver error.

Back