Windows 7 BSOD crash

Just had a BSOD, this one is new. It occurred with core temp uninstalled and ALSysIO64.sys was deleted during uninstall.

Attachments

• 080311-19063-01.dmp
    294.4 KB · Views: 326
Mine has all those, I have a ThermalTake Toughpower 650W but I'd still recommend a good surge protector. I believe in protecting my electronics hardware from and overvoltage from the mains.

Sounds good, I'm going to go pick one up in a bit. Do you see anything in that dump file that could have caused that BSOD? My bugcheck analysis says its probably caused ntkrnlmp.exe but that's a windows system file. My windows is all updated, any ideas?

What were you doing when it bluescreened. I can't see ntkrnlmp being the problem just the module that was last accessed during the bsod. Can you monitor you idle temps for 15 minutes and post the average temp. Could you also do that whilst the machine is under load. Running something thing like prime95or occt will stress the cpu and memory. Post the temps when the cpu is at 100%.

I'm not giving up on your problem. Too Bl**dy stubborn for that ;)

Have we got you to run memtest yet, we must have done as it's one of the first things we do but if for some reason we haven't could you do 7 passes on each stick in each of the memory slots.

Last edited:
I was playing a game, counter strike, and the BSOD before the last one occurred when playing NBA 2k11. It seems to be getting BSOD's now whenever displaying a Directx environment, or maybe just a heavy GPU load, but everything is updated, I dunno?? I haven't done a memory test yet, do you think it's necessary? I got a surge protector, so that's all safe. I'll post up my temps in the next 30 for mins.

So my computer just did the weird crash where my video stops, usb power dies and this is the first time it has happened since I unplugged it from the old power strip and plugged it into the main. I unplugged everything else from the surge protector now, I'll see if it happens again. It's a Belkin Surgemaster 2, I can't imagine that it would be causing this. The only thing I could think of was that one of the other devices plugged into the surge protector or a combination of them was causing an unsteady current. I did have a old, 70's, stereo receiver plugged into the surge protector, maybe that was causing a problem, idk, I'm not to knowledgeable on electricity.
Then when I restarted my computer after that crash I got a BSOD just as my desktop was loading. I attached the dump file.

Attachments

• 080311-17768-01.dmp
    294.4 KB · Views: 334
Do you have another wall socket you could try? Just looked at you .dmp file and your drivers are definitely up to date. Can you post those temps please. I noticed earlier in the thread you we're using a ATI card and now your on Nvidia. Did you use Driversweeper before swapping cards?

Last edited:
I haven't had the problem since I unplugged everything else from the surge protector, if it happens again I will try another outlet. Sorry I haven't got the temps yet I've had a few crashes in the last hour. Idle temps from my GPU sensor are 38c, core temp is 32c. I haven't been able to get loaded temps. Will do now. I was actually just going to ask if you think I should run Driversweeper, I saw it suggested in other threads, I haven't used it. I had ATI drivers for my onboard graphics but put in my Nvidia GPU a few days ago. When I uninstalled the ATI drivers I just used the Catalyst uninstall utility. Would you suggest uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, then running driversweeper in safe mode cleaning up both drivers, then reinstalling Nvidia drivers or just cleanup with driversweeper in safe mode and there's no need to uninstall and reinstall Nvidia drivers.

Last edited:
Would you suggest uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, then running driversweeper in safe mode cleaning up both drivers

Yes please. Could you also see if your bios has a setting to disable the onboard gpu. Most bios's do, but your board being an oem board may not.

Thanks for quick reply! I will uninstall, run driversweeper and do a fresh install. My BIOS has a primary video adapter (something like that) setting and it is set to PCI-e right now, the only other option is Onboard. No specific setting to disable onboard but i'm pretty sure the setting I used should have the same effect.

So I uninstalled Nvidia drivers, ran driversweeper, reinstalled drivers. Then ran prime95 on blend, after 7 minutes I hit 53c core temp and then got a BSOD, I attached the dump file, this time the bugcheck analysis says it was probably caused by hardware?

Attachments

• 080311-20529-01.dmp
    294.5 KB · Views: 332
Tried prime95 again after BSOD, this time temperatures started high and after few minutes core temp hit 57c and then started to bounce between 56c and 57c, so 57c should be about max. Hot but I think that is ok, right? Then a couple minutes later into the test I got a BSOD, this one is different then the last, I attached it.

Attachments

• 080311-18345-01.dmp
    294.5 KB · Views: 335
Do you have the Windows Driver Delopment kit on your machine? Can you also try running with only 4GB of ram for a bit. To me this is pointing to either the memory or the board. More likely te board as it's a oem model that we can't configure.

Last edited:
I have windows SDK, is it included with that? I didn't see Windows Driver Delopment kit on my computer after a quick search.

After looking at Windows Driver Delopment kit on Windows website I know I dont have it. I will download now. Is there any .iso mounting software that is safe to use or should I just burn it?

Last edited:
No you don't need that, can you also remove the sdk for a bit. If your up for it how about you do a fresh install and install service pack 1 and all the windows updates, excluding any drivers. We'll then search for the latest for you. We'll then do a prime95 before each step.

Last edited:
My windows update is hanging up on one update installation,an update for internet explorer 8 compatability view list, I waited 20 minutes and it won't install, I tried stopping installation and after 10 minutes it wont stop. Any ideas?

Back