Windows 7 BSOD crash

Here are the pics, sorry it took a while.

Attachments

• DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    476.4 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00087.JPG
    DSC00087.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC00089.JPG
    DSC00089.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC00090.JPG
    DSC00090.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 412
  • DSC00091.JPG
    DSC00091.JPG
    414.9 KB · Views: 442
BSOD crashing occur when there is some problem in system hardware or you have installed incorrect drivers... you shoudl try updating the drivers hope it will fix the problem.

Can you run with another mouse for a while? Oh, and stick the dump file up please.

Your graphics card can black you out to protect the system. Are you over heating?

The usbstor.sys driver is the (Windows) USB mass storage driver.

Hey Elmer, I missed this response yesterday, sorry about that. I'm now using the hp mouse that came with the computer and have the HD unplug. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling from the HD, its plug and play, incase they were corrupt or the HD had newer ones, but the drivers are from 2006 and I got the same crash, no dump file, but same crash happened. I did try searching for an updated usbstor.sys driver but had no luck. I've attached the dump file I got yesterday when it crashed the same way.

I don't think i'm overheating, I idle under 30c, when doing simple tasks that take low computer resources im at 32c and since I've had the GPU out, last 8 days, haven't seen it hit 40c.

Last edited:
I don't think i'm overheating, I idle under 30c, when doing simple tasks that take low computer resources im at 32c and since I've had the GPU, last 8 days, haven't seen it hit 40c.
Ok, not overheating, as cool as me! :D I meant my PC, :distracted: is good.

Are you saying you've had the gpu 8 days, i.e. new?
If you are, I'd suggest "re-setting" it in the PC, the GPU contacts would have been protected for transport/storage and the slot you've pushed it in to could be full of c,, cr,, cra,, dust.

Let us know.

Next step will be to check the (new?) gpu.!!!

Last edited:
Sorry didn't really explain that right. It should've said "since I had the GPU out" I forgot the "out". I know that was the opposite of what I meant, SORRY about that. I meant, that I've had the GPU uninstalled for the last 8 days, the entire time I've been posting here. And I restored my computer back to its factory image, after uninstalling, started fresh. I thought that the GPU was the source of problems, I now know it was much more than that.

Last edited:
It seems my Razer Deathadder driver isn't updating correctly. I have tried installing both driver versions offered on Razer's website, both drivers last modified date is in 2011, according to the site. On the Razer configuration window it says I have the correct driver version installed, but when I look at the actual driver properties it says the date last modified was march 23, 2010 when either one of the drivers are installed??? I attached a screenshot. It does not show the firmware version because it isn't plugged in, but I flashed the mouse to their most recent update.

Attachments

• ScreenShot007.jpg
    ScreenShot007.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 413
This maybe a stupid question but why aren't you using the 3.03 version which are even newer?

I was, but the last modified date was march 23, 2010 so I thought something might not be working with that driver, maybe compatibility issues like so much other software for win7, so I tried 3.02, but the drive still has the same last modified date. I have now reinstalled 3.03 since I took the screen shot.
&
There is no stupid questions from you guys, ask away, I'm open to trying anything to get this computer running at this point

Last edited:
Can you confirm this your PC? Link Removed - Invalid URL

If it is your PSU (Power Supply Unit) is woefully underpowered if running a Graphics Card. Remember, the big companies will put in the cheapest/minimum required to get the machine to run. Extra "space" is not included!

(Ignore this if it isnt your weapon of choice!!)

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've had a busy couple days. Yes that is my computer, but I changed out the PSU the day I got it, it had a 250w, I don't know how that would even run the hardware it came with??? I have a thermaltake tr2 650w, 44 amps on a single rail in it now. Sorry you must of saw my specs right after I submitted the reply, because I edited in the PSU right after.

Well I'm not getting anymore BSOD's when running verifier or doing normal computing but my VGA output keeps randomly going out for the onboard video, everything else seems to still have power like USB devices and the power light is still on. I'm getting my GPU back today, I had a friend try it in his computer and it's working, so i'm going to try that and see if it's the VGA port thats bad. Do you any other ideas as to why the VGA output would stop?

I think the problem the with the video, usb etc... crashing I believe was due to the power strip it was plugged into and all the other stuff plugged into it. I have the computer plugged right into the wall and haven't had the problem anymore. My computer ran since about this time yesterday until 10 minutes ago I got a BSOD while playing a game. Bugcheck analysis says its Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys , but this is a windows file so I dont believe this is true. I attached the dump file, if you can find anything suspicous or at fault I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• 080211-16567-01.dmp
    294.5 KB · Views: 477
It seems to be Directx related, I made sure my drivers were up to date from Nvidia and reintstalled DX11 from microsoft. Any other ideas?

Do you have Rivatuner,Evga utils or Afterburner installed. If so can you uninstall them. Any monitoring applications should also be removed. If you need cpu temp monitoring CoreTemp works well and doesn't have any sys files to install.

I don't have any of those three. The only monitoring programs I have are core temp, CPU-z and GPU-z. Will thos cause any problems, they seemed to be widely used throughout the forums. I just had another BSOD the Bugcheck analysis says the same dxgmms1.sys driver is at fault. I attached the dump file if it can be of any use.

Attachments

• 080211-19156-01.dmp
    294.4 KB · Views: 473
Can you uninstall Core Temp. Then do a manual Search for this driver to make sure it's gone:-

ALSysIO64.sys Sun Apr 19 20:41:04 2009
Core Temp.

Obviously start in your Driver Folder(s). But it could possibly be in any of your System Folders. If you find it change its file extension to "break" the driver. After a few days if all is well you can delete it.

Than download the latest version of Core Temp from Alcpu.

Will do elmer, thanks for checking it out. We are definitely making progress, it seems like this is the last BSOD, haven't had any of the other ones I was getting for few days, and the computer isn't randomly killing output anymore. I think the power strip I was using was causing the under/over current protection to trip in my PSU, so if you ever hear of hardware shutting down randomly, it might be worth it to try plugging power right into the wall. I'll let you know how it goes after I update that core temp driver, thanks again!

Kindgreens, may I suggest you get a surge protector. Plugging straight into the mains in never a good idea with a computer.

Back