Windows 7 BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure Issue!

Stephenms

Hello there! I'm having a bit of an issue with my HP Pavilion dv6 lap top.

The specs are AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.60 GHz. 6.00GB RAM. 64-bit OS.

This started about 2 and a half weeks ago and i'm not entirely sure from what. I've updated graphic drivers and sound drivers but to no avail.

The BSOD reads as such:
"A Problem has been detected and windows...... etc etc..

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

If this is the first time you've seen this... etc etc...

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed... etc etc...

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware... etc etc...

Technical Information:
*** STOP 0x0000009F (0x0000...3, 0xFFFFFA8004E9E060, 0xFFFFF80000B9C518,0xFFFFFA8008CC010)

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical dump...
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance."

This is all the information that is shown. No other specifics. I've been reading up on this and there is usually a referred driver that is causing the issue but there is nothing here explaining where the failure came from. I know the error is from transferring from awake mode to "sleep" or shut down" mode. This issue is usually random. But usually happens after excessive use. Then again, I can't be for sure. This issue is really starting to bug me. Any advice is much appreciated! I've also read it could be Etron USB 3.0 Driver & USBXpress.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen.

At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

Back