Windows 8 BSOD driver_power_State_failure

agda

Greetings,

I bought a brand new ASUS laptop and it start giving me BSOD. The message prompted me to search for driver_power_State_failure with no success. I have uploaded the latest dmp file which I think is a minidump.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 080815-24250-01.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 302
I did a quick analysis which points to a driver file called 0x9F_VRFK_3_IMAGE_pci.sys

However I cannot find any information on this driver, can you right click, properties it and report back what the heck it is? :)

I did a quick analysis which points to a driver file called 0x9F_VRFK_3_IMAGE_pci.sys

However I cannot find any information on this driver, can you right click, properties it and report back what the heck it is? :)
I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand what I should do to help you out. Should I search the device manager for driver names?

Browse your Windows\System32\Drivers\ folder, find the file, right click and Properties it.
I'm really interested in the "Details" tab.

Browse your Windows\System32\Drivers\ folder, find the file, right click and Properties it.
I'm really interested in the "Details" tab.
The closest matching name I could find is the "pci.sys" file. It states on the details tab that it is a "NT Plug and Play PCI Enumerator".

Yeah I thought the entry was odd, doesn't seem to be pointing at a real driver per-say, could be the dump analysis doesn't have enough information. pci.sys is a generic driver that comes with windows.
Do you have any other dump files?

Yeah I thought the entry was odd, doesn't seem to be pointing at a real driver per-say, could be the dump analysis doesn't have enough information. pci.sys is a generic driver that comes with windows.
Do you have any other dump files?
I do but I think not all are minidumps. Should I zip them all or just the minidump ones. The BSOD usually occur during boot ups on battery, or after wake up from sleep mode if it helps.

The BSOD usually occur during boot ups on battery, or after wake up from sleep mode if it helps.
Hi,
try going into advanced power settings and make sure 'Hybrid sleep' is enabled. I checked over the dump file and driver wise your in pretty good shapeish. There are one or two old drivers but I doubt they are involved with the issue. Hopefully the above solution should stop the issue.

Back
Top Bottom