BSOD errors, please help.

Joe3

My computer has been blue screening rather regularly. It happens more often when I am playing games like WoW or Starcraft 2.
The errors tend to be BAD_POOL_CALLER most of the time if that helps.

I have attached:
1. All the components for this computer I purchased from newegg.
2. A zipped minidump folder.
View attachment Minidump.zip View attachment Computer from newegg..pdf

If any other information is needed I will gladly supply it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey there.

Uninstall Daemon Tools in the normal method. Then use this uninstaller/installer to carefully remove sptd.sys which is notorious on Windows 7:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO if you still want drive emulation. Emulation part of the software is free forever:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

-----------------

Install the latest Realtek HD Audio driver to update your old one:

Realtek

---------------

Boot to safe mode + networking. Download and run Driver Sweeper from Guru3d.com to clear all ATI video drivers/settings/software.

Boot to normal mode and re-install the latest video card driver which was also giving problems. The process will fix it all for you:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Joe3

I did everything listed (Other than uninstall daemon, I had already uninstalled that a while back.) I did remove reminiscence of daemon though. I just recieved a BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD message again. I attached the latest minidump folder.

Thanks View attachment Minidump2.zip

It's still showing a video error. Are you sure you used Driver Sweeper in safe mode before re-installing latest driver?

Anyhow, you could also try uninstalling Avira in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace.

Joe3

Positive.

I was having these errors before installing avira, I would prefer to keep it if possible as it is ranked highest for detection rates.

Then the only thing left to do is replace the RAM because it is faulty. You can test with Memtest86+ overnight if you'd like.

2 things to consider - Avira or faulty memory.

You'll likely be able to figure out which, after testing and/or removal.

Joe3

I am going to run the ram test overnight, if I get another BS I will uninstall AV, if that does not work I will just have to resort to crying, cursing, and kicking it... either that or ask for help. :)

Last edited:

Joe3

Here are the results from the memory test:
Run time ~12 hours
catche - 4095k
rsvdmem-264k
memmap - e820
cache - on
ECC - off
Test - std
Pass - 12
Errors - 2
ECC errors - 0

Error details
1:
Test - 7
Pass - 6
Failing addre231 - 00028b847a0 - 651.5mb
good - e3629528
bad - 157100a8
Err-bits 00400000
Count 1
Chan

2:

Test - 7
Pass - 6
Failing addre231 - 00028e58620 - 652.3mb
good - e3629528
bad - 157100a8
Err-bits 00400000
Count 2
Chan

Mind translating for me? Was this the issue?

Last edited:
Any error at all means the RAM has failed. There are failing addresses in your report. You should try one stick at a time to see if just one perhaps is defective and to find out which one.

Do yourself a huge favor and purchase a brand new set of matching RAM sticks, and install.

Problem solved.

To do that:
1. I would remove one of the 2 and let the test run overnight.
2. Put back the first and remove the other and let the test run overnight.

Correct?

Do yourself a huge favor and purchase a brand new set of matching RAM sticks, and install.

Problem solved.
They should be under warranty, since these errors have been occurring since I made it (about 5 months ago) I assume it would be covered under defect and ocz has a lifetime limited warranty for defects. I will contact them and hopefully get it resolved.

To do that:
1. I would remove one of the 2 and let the test run overnight.
2. Put back the first and remove the other and let the test run overnight.

Correct?

I think so, that way you'll find out if one of the sticks is defective or if the sticks just don't match each other. You'll probably need to purchase 1 stick anyway, so instead you may wanna follow TorrentG's suggestion to purchase a brand new set of matching RAM sticks. Or get a replacement.

I think so, that way you'll find out if one of the sticks is defective or if the sticks just don't match each other. You'll probably need to purchase 1 stick anyway, so instead you may wanna follow TorrentG's suggestion to purchase a brand new set of matching RAM sticks. Or get a replacement.
I just sent in a ticket to OCZ tech support. If they cover it I can probably just get two new sticks. If they want me to figure out which one it was then I will. If they refuse to cover it then I will probably try to figure out which one is the bad one as I am a poor college student and have to try to save where I can. Thanks for the help both of you. I will reply with how it goes.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.