Windows 7 BSOD Errors

Richard Ingham

Hi i have a Hp Pavilion Dv6-1128TX Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit and the following specs

2 GB Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 512Mb Graphics

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T640 2.00GHz

I am having issues with BSOD Errors and i was hoping someone has the answers for me i get a few different errors and i will post my most recent one below, when i first had the errors i took my Laptop to the local computer repair shop and they just upgraded me to windows 7 from Vista and that was it i still have the same problems also my GPU keeps uninstalling it's self after a reset and the Laptop reverts to onboard Graphics to fix the graphics i have to uninstall the GPU from Device Manager and reset then it installs the drivers for it then i have to reset again fot it to go back to normal graphics Settings and when i get another BSOD it starts all over again. a few Error Messages Below. Thanks for having a look I Appreciate it.

Error 1
-----------------------------------------------------------
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 18
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: AAE614F0
BCP3: 00000002
BCP4: FFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091512-60715-01.dmp
C:\Users\Natasha Morrow\AppData\Local

\Temp\WER-106704-0.sysdata.xm

Error 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 830924A1
BCP3: B3702888
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\090812-22869-01.dmp
C:\Users\Natasha Morrow\AppData\Local

\Temp\WER-57127-0.sysdata.xml

Hello and welcome to the forums.
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.

Additionally, if you haven’t already, please take some time and fill out your system specs in your forum profile area http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529 .

Not sure where to begin.
Let's start with this driver
authfwco.sys 11/19/2007 Firewall Filter Driver part of a product from a company called Authentium, which seems to include a second problem driver;
shdrv.sys 11/19/2010
Code:
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8913c49f, aeed3580, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for shdrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for shdrv.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Short term, uninstall the software and then check and confirm that both drivers are no longer present here C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
It seems in addition to the above you have other security software from SunBelt Software as well as AVG, WonTok Big Pond, SafeCentral and possibly others. There is no way I can be sure that there is no potential conflicts between these multiple products so my suggestion would be, to the extent possible, uninstall all and replace, at least for the time being in the interest of reducing the potential for conflicts, with MSE from here Link Removed due to 404 Error and leave MSE and the native Windows Firewall to manage your security for the time being.
Remove sptd sptd Kernel 8/04/2010 10:58:24 AM Usually associated with Daemon tools or Alcohol Software products using this tool DuplexSecure - Downloads (get the correct version for your architecture and click the UNINSTALL button.
Long term, go here Link Removed - Invalid URL and update your BIOS from
Code:
BiosVendor = Hewlett-Packard
BiosVersion = F.21
BiosReleaseDate = 04/23/2009
to 2011-09-26 , Version:F.46 and;
Update the following drivers
iaStor.sys6/4/2009Driver Reference Table
Rt86win7.sys7/13/2009Driver Reference Table
NETw5s32.sys1/13/2010Driver Reference Table

After completing the above, if Blue Screens persist, please attach new dump files here.

Thanks for the help it would appear the BSOD'S have subsided for now i have one issue left at the moment. when i am running a game or anything that is demanding on my GPU at random it will crash with a crackling sound and then reboot with no error messages.

Thanks for the help it would appear the BSOD'S have subsided for now i have one issue left at the moment. when i am running a game or anything that is demanding on my GPU at random it will crash with a crackling sound and then reboot with no error messages.
I don't know but it sounds like you still have some serious issues.
Confirm that your computer is configured correctly to facilitate the creation of .dmp files.
  1. Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
  2. Click on the Advanced tab
  3. Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
  4. Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
  5. Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
  6. Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
  7. Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Have you checked you minidump folder to see if any more recent dump files have been added?
Your video driver, atikmdag.sys 4/24/2009 could use some updating Driver Reference Table (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista32.aspx)
Grab the latest available from AMD specifically for your adapter and then I would suggest following John's fine article here ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure and install the driver only avoiding the larger install of the whole catalyst control suite.
If there are new dump files in the minidump folder, zip them up and attach them here

Last edited:
i have attached a new .dmp file to look at it has been roughly 5 days since a BSOD. thanks mate

Attachments

• 092412-68141-01.zip
    27 KB · Views: 191
It would seem that you have ignored my suggestions above.
Long term, go here Link Removed - Invalid URL and update your BIOS from
BiosVendor = Hewlett-Packard BiosVersion = F.21 BiosReleaseDate = 04/23/2009
to
2011-09-26 , Version:F.46
and;
Update the following drivers
iaStor.sys6/4/2009Driver Reference Table
Rt86win7.sys7/13/2009Driver Reference Table
NETw5s32.sys1/13/2010Driver Reference Table
So..... after following up on those recommendations
You may want to check your system memory.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
As well as your system drive
Launch an elevated command prompt (StartOrb->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt, right click it and choose Run As Administrator) and type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter and answer Yes “Y” when prompted and reboot.
Let it run all five stages. When complete check the log file in Event Viewer for results (Click the StartOrb and type event viewer and hit enter, expand Windows Logs and highlight / select Application, click Action on the menu bar and select Find and type chkdsk and hit enter.

Back