Windows 7 BSOD HELP PLEASE! w/Minidumps/Pics

Richard Gamoney

I have been getting these bluescreen errors since I have had my PC for 1 year. Most of them went away and some came back now. It only happens when I play games, like COD4 or Bad Company 2. It might have been direct x stuff I messed with the other day, but other than that here is the info. Punkbuster seems to be the problem here.
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Full Retail
1 year old
I installed the new OS again about 3 months ago.
Okay, so when I first purchased my parts, I got bluescreens installing Windows 7, and it ended up being I returned every part, got the same exact parts back but newer. The only new part I did not get back was my mobo because I sent it in for an RMA and they said everything passed the stress test. Then, I found Memtest+86 gave me errors for my RAM, returned my RAM 5 times and got the same exact time again because no money for new part. I did not do the Memtest this because I know after like 10 tries I will probably get an error.

So, the SFC /SCANNOW gave me this:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>SFC /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

I cannot open that file, and I tried to give me full permission to do so but cannot view it so now what can I do?
memory.pngslot1.pngslot2.pngslot3.pngslot4.png
RAM Type: DDR3-1333
Speed: 666.67
Timings: 9-9-9-24
View attachment CBS.zipView attachment Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip

Last edited:
You can copy the CBS.log to the desktop and copy the last couple of days and put in a text file to attach. I do not see a mini-dump file....

Looks like PnkBstrB.exe is involved in most of the dump files. Maybe there is an update for Punk Buster.

Also looks like your bios might be a little old (maybe 2005?). Have you checked for a new one? May not be required, but if something has been updated relevant to your operations, it might help.

The file that SFC cannot repair is sppcomapi.dll. Seems the file cannot be found in the store for some reason. You might search your system with hidden and system files visible and see if you have a backup, usually in the winsxs folder you can right click and restore from there. Because of the message, you may not have one to restore so you will need to get it somewhere else.

Hopefully the experienced folks will come by to help.

Edit: I have seen some files SFC cannot repair because a manufacturer change it. In my case it was a dell .inf file where someone has mistyped some information so the file did not show the same Hash. But your file my not be like my situation.

Last edited:
Looks like PnkBstrB.exe is involved in most of the dump files. Maybe there is an update for Punk Buster.

Also looks like your bios might be a little old (maybe 2005?). Have you checked for a new one? May not be required, but if something has been updated relevant to your operations, it might help.

The file that SFC cannot repair is sppcomapi.dll. Seems the file cannot be found in the store for some reason. You might search your system with hidden and system files visible and see if you have a backup, usually in the winsxs folder you can right click and restore from there. Because of the message, you may not have one to restore so you will need to get it somewhere else.

Hopefully the experienced folks will come by to help.

Edit: I have seen some files SFC cannot repair because a manufacturer change it. In my case it was a dell .inf file where someone has mistyped some information so the file did not show the same Hash. But your file my not be like my situation.

Well, that sppcomapi.dll file was in my system32, and I gave it full permission, then I did the SFC scan again and it said this:
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

And I will try my best to update Punkbuster, also updating my BIOS right now so I will give you the results.

Sorry I did not see you responded, but by now you have probably already tried your system. Is it running any better, or maybe post another dump file to see if anything has changed there?

If no improvement, maybe someone else will come along to help.

Back