Windows 8 BSOD Help

Paul Simpson

Hi ppl. can someone help me with this problem I have had two BSOD in two days.
Bug check code = 0x0000007f
Caused by driver = fltmgr.sys
Caused by address= fltmgr.sys+1307.

any help please. I have the two mini dump files zipped up in skydrive if I can add a link.

Ok. So three times I have ran that as admin but I don't get a folder on my desktop for some reason and a search cant find it either.
Dose this work for win 8.1?

also just ran in compatibility mode for win 8 and still no WF7_folder on desktop

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
sorry the app is playing up. Can you zip the dump files and just post them?

Found it, for some reason it was sending it to my download drive.

Attachments

• W7F_06-10-2014.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 901
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, ffffd00157fc8230, ffffd0017d540fe0, fffff80161e1b307}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SiWinAcc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SiWinAcc.sys
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamGet+51 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Paul,
The above bugcheck can be caused by a number of reasons depending which type of bugcheck 7F it is. Yours is either caused by multiple drivers in the wrong place or a hardware fault. System Bios can also have an affect as can system RAM.
I notice your Bios is old:
BiosVersion = P1.20
BiosReleaseDate = 12/06/2011
When running win 8.1 is always desirable to have the latest drivers and bios. Please ensure I have the correct motherboard and download and update your bios to the latest version:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68 Extreme4 Gen3/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Notice the SiWinAcc.sys named in the dump file above:
SiWinAcc.sys Mon Nov 01 19:23:29 2004: This driver belongs to Silicon systems and possibly relates to a Hard drive perhaps an external one?
SiRemFil.sys Wed Oct 18 23:20:39 2006: Silicon image Driver.
Si3124r5.sys Wed Jan 06 03:00:46 2010: SATA SoftRAID 5 miniport driver from Silicon Image

Do these drivers relate to an SSD? I've checked your motherboard support and it doesn't carry such drivers. Please advise. I can see in the dump file that this driver is involved with the bsod. Now whether it is the actual culprit remains to be determined but let's find out what it is first and then move from there.

000.fcl Fri Sep 26 14:11:22 2008: CyberLink FCL Driver. 2008 is a tad old for windows 8.1 please update:
http://www.cyberlink.com/index_en_GB.html?r=1

cmudaxp.sys Thu Mar 10 07:44:15 2011: This is either:
C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media : http://www.cmedia.com.tw/EN/DownloadCenter_Detail.aspx?pserno=0&dtype=ALL
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface driver : http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver: http://www.htomega.com/downloads.html
Please update.

Post any new dump files.

You have the correct mobo.

Si3124r5.sys Wed Jan 06 03:00:46 2010: SATA SoftRAID 5 miniport driver from Silicon Image
This is the driver for my
OCZ pci-express 120gb Revo drive x2.
I will be at work tiil 6.00pm todsy so will look into you help then thanks for your help.

Cheers kemical.
Just a thought, The last two bsod I had were while reading from a Sandisk 64gb micro sd card. Once in an old usb 2.0 card reader in a 2.0 usb port. And again in a 3.0 usb port with a new 3.0 (transend card reader) It turns out the card is getting read/write errors when I checked it with H2testw and I have had to RMA it. Could this have somthing to do with it?

Hmm... It may well have Paul. I guess time will tell although ideally you should still try and update those silicon Image drivers if at all possible.

I think they are the latest drivers for that card, not sure but will check anyway. I think the card is a second gen so its a few years old now. I will try all your sugestions when I get home from work. Well not sure abaut the Bios update as last time i tried that i bricked my motherboard and had to get Asrock to send me a new Bios chip out.

Paul just check that everything is sitting in their slots correctly and in fact it might be worth reseating cards to make sure they are fitting right. Do you use the QCZ Revo drive as your C drive? If you don't I'd try removing it. I have a hunch that the new bios is complaining about the drive.... Maybe? Although that is simply a wild guess. Also were you in AHCI mode before the bios update?

Yes I was in AHCI mode before the bios update, Ive already tried taking out the PCIE card, took out the ram one stick at a time,the tv card, and sound card, removed the Graphics card and used on board graphics all to no avail. Ive just been playing about with the bios but whatever i set it to im still getting the beeps. the only thing i can think of now is to re-seat the CPU but ive got it under water and would need to drain the system.
I Can not understand it everything is working fine at the moment. windows loads ok and everything.
So for the moment I have pulled the small speaker out till i can find a solution as the beeps are driving me crazy lol. Any more suggestions are very welcome.
ps, Dr DEBUG gives d6 then 62 for about 10 second each if you can find any more info on them?
the hand book says
d6 =No console output device found.
62 =installation of the south bridge runtime services.

Sounds like you have to clear the Bios. In other words remove the battery for 30 seconds:
http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334

d6 = The VGA could not be recognized. Please clear CMOS and try re-installing the VGA card. If the problem still exists, please try installing the VGA card in other slots or use other VGA cards.

62 = (In the link above this is represented by 61-91): Chipset initialization error. Please press reset or clear CMOS.

Thanks for posting that up and hope the above helps

Back