Windows 8 BSOD Help

Im at work now but thanks for that link. The board has a CMOS button near the io ports as well and totaly forgot about resetting that. I will try that tnight. Thanks again.

Pheeeew.. I was worrying that it hadn't worked... Ok Paul understood and please let me know how you get on.

Well re-setting the CMOS did not work either, I removed all hard drives and
pci/pci-e cards, including the graphics card. I pressed the CMOS reset button and also removed the CMOS battery for 30 mins, reset all motherboard defaults. and its still giving 5 beeps. Now i am stumped.

Well I finally got it running correctly. Dont ask how i did it as i dont know myself. As in previous posts i removed everything and done full reset of cmos restored defaults on mobo. Put minimum pc components back in and it beeped again. So i was going to take the speaker out so i couldnt hear the beeps as i had had enough. Then i went to asrock support re-downloaded all win 8 drivers for my board installed them all again afresh removed the dsub monitor and connected the hdmi and still got the beeps on boot up. So i gave up put all gfx card. pcie ssd card. Hdd drives. Tv card back in booted up and no beeps (what)!!!! Had i already took the speaker out (NO).

The only thing i can think of is when i installed the Intel smart connect it downloaded an Ivybridge compatable driver as Asrock 2.20 bios was the bios update to accomodate the new gen cpu back then (I have a i7 2600k sandybridge cpu by the way). Other than that the only component change i made was to move my tv card from a16x to a 8x pci-e slot and i made that change after you posted this link.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1740490/extreme4-gen3-z68.html
But still got the 5 beeps after re booting. So my head is realy in a spin.

Anyway I have also filled an Asrock tech support request form in so they can have a look into it.
Anyway thank you Very much for all your help and the links you suplied thay all came in very handy, and please let me know if you find any more info as to what happened in this thread as i have no idea how i cured it lol and the thread tittle pfff i think i can live with a couple of blue sreen every now and again.
I will update if i get any positive answer from Asrock suppoert.
Thanks again.

You still get bsod's Paul? If you do please post the dump files and we'll get this sorted. Ideally you don't want any blue screens what so ever. The reason a machine performs a bsod is because some sort of catastrophic error has occurred which could, if allowed to continue, damage your components. Even if it takes a few pages we will get to the bottom of the issue eventually so please do post anything new.

Ok will do. I have a bit of cleaning up to do on my other drives, old programs and drivers that could have caused the blues. I used the samsung 500gb x 2 raid 0 as my system drive before i got the ssd so maybe there is some old drivers left on that confusing windows, but all drives were removed whan i instaled. I will upload any logs of any further bsod.

Well I got a reply from Asrock support, they said update BIOS to L2.31A: beta. and take a photo and send it to them if the bios displays the wrong size. was a bit sceptical after what's just gone on. But I bit the bullet and all went smooth. So now I have the latest Bios (beta) will keep you informed as and when/if I have any problems with the BSOD.

Back