Windows 7 BSOD Issues

R-Mo

First let me start by thanking you for creating this site. It's difficult trying to solve problems with Windows OS's by yourself and I appreciate having a place to go for help.

Just rebuilt my PC and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit (OEM copy). Before I bought all my parts I did the responsible thing and checked each and every piece of hardware to make sure that it was compatiable with Windows 7 to ensure that I was not going to have any issues. I purchased the following items:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Mobo
Q6600 Processor
(4 GB) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 RAM
Corsair 750TX PSU
EVGA 260GTX Video Card
WD 500GB SATA HD
Lite-On 24X DVD Optical Drive

Other than constant IE8 crashes I had no other problems, that is until the first BSOD event. The computer rebooted itself and no other problems (other than the constant IE8 crashes). Since, I've had atleast six episodes of the BSOD. I got into my Event Viewer last night and found the following:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88003B4705B
BCP3: FFFFF880056C6698
BCP4: FFFFF880056C5EF0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Bucket ID: X64_0x7E_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForSubmission+10b
Server information: 656c1cee-56d8-4fb7-b009-2dd1a10e31fb

and...

Critical 1/4/2010 3:59:35 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)
(The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.)

I downloaded and installed the latest driver for my onboard NIC device and thought that I had resolved my problem that is until I went to shutdown last night and got the BSOD again (during the shutdown process). Once again, I got the Kernel-Power 41 (63) error and now I am at a complete loss. I also downloaded and installed Firefox in hopes of fixing the problem, but Firefox keeps crashing on me too. I would very much appreciate it if someone out there could provide me with some assistance. I've installed all the latest Windows Updates and recently installed the latest NVidia Drivers as well as the NIC driver (as stated above). I admit my ignorance, so please speak in laymans terms.

Regards

Unless someone corrects me, I think the Kernel power message is the result and not the cause of the problem.

Have you tried running the system with the case open in case it is a heat problem?

Are internet applications the only ones causing problems? Have you tried turning the network adapter off in the bios or disabling it in the Device Manager to test? Are your firewall/anti-virus programs compatible with Win 7?

Have you run any memory tests? Does Event Viewer Show any other Errors or Warnings that might indicate problems?

If you run msinfo32.exe and check for problem devices under the Componets section, does anything show up there?

And I think, but not sure someone was having a problem with a power supply and possibly it was a Corsair--something about it not being compatible with a certain motherboard.

Back