Windows 7 BSOD minidump

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

Hi again,

Today is a very frustrating day. My comp keeps crashing after each game sessions total of 4-5 times within 10 mins of game play.
Here are the latest minidump file. Please help.

Attachments

• 012212-23197-01.zip
    11 KB · Views: 158
Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004f5b038, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
To quote Elmer;
You're getting a stop0x124, which means blame the hardware.

Stop 0x124 Checks
  • Ensure that none of the hardware is being over-clocked.
  • Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. Chase out those dust bunnies!
  • Make sure all hardware related drivers are up to date.
  • Possibly update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  • Always keep The Windows system itself up to date.
See this post by H2S04 for additional pointers: Stop 0x124 - what to try.
I did notice that you are running BIOS Version 0503 01/05/2010 which is 5 or 6 version numbers behind the current version 0801 02/28/2011 which looks like a good one since it would seem to address (Improve memory stability, Improve system stability.) http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A78LTM_LE/#download
Regards

Updating the bios seems to have fixed the problem. 4 hours of game play and no crashes yet (fingers crossed). Thanks for the help Randy.

Fingers crossed here as well.
Keep us posted and good luck. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread.
Hope to continue to see you around the forum
Randy

Hi again,

The problem came back again after about 10-15 mins of game play. I tried all the suggestion on H2S04 guide minus the reinstallation. I don't think anything is overclock cause I have no idea on how to do it in the first place. The crash only occurs when i'm gaming. Here are the lastest minidump file.

Attachments

• 012412-19702-02.zip
    11 KB · Views: 167
Another 124, still hardware.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for 20 minutes or so.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Hi again,

After days of testing. I think I finally found the problem. Before my last crash I noticed my cpu temperature was at 90-98% before it crash. What I did was I open the side of my computer and used a house fan. Been playing game like that for 4 days now and haven't had a crash yet. So it seems I need a new fan. Should I change the heatsink also?

Back
Top Bottom