Windows 8 bsod msi

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff8801ec99000, 0, fffff8800428463a, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtdxftex.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtdxftex.SYS

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : rtdxftex.SYS ( rtdxftex+163a )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
of the dump files sent this is the most prolific. Bugcheck 50 can be cause by a number of issues ranging from hardware issues (usually RAM), faulty system service or driver and last but not least NTFS file issues as well as AV suites.
The probable cause 'rtdxftex.sys' is proving difficult to find. Some web entries have it down as outright malware where others say it relates to Windows DDK Provider?
A DDK provider will find the latest drivers for your system. This driver also appears in the Call stack so it's definitely part of the bsod and should be removed as soon as possible.
I would also run a scan of Malwarebytes in case any malware is present.

You also had another dump file for the Network driver. If this has been replaced by the driver app then it could ultimately be the cause..

Drivers for laptops should always be downloaded from the manufacturers support page. I checked yours and you do have a Network driver for windows 8 under LAN:
Support For GS70 STEALTH | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI Global

I know from experience the Killer Network drivers can be affected by AV suites so when you either uninstall or install the driver please make sure your security is turned off.

Post any further dump files after making the above changes.

Edit:
The offending software may also relate to xfPlay.exe, a android multimedia app? In any case please remove..

Back
Top Bottom