BSOD Nightmare, New install

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Patfeesh, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Patfeesh

Patfeesh New Member

Hi ppl,

So my machine previously ran XP, the PSU died so i installed a new one but couldnt get the old raid array to work properly. It was time for an upgrade so I bought a Samsung Spinpoint F3 Ecogreen 2TB Hard drive and windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I had some problems installing whereby the system would restart after the "Loading Files" part of the initial install (from boot). I solved this by removing all but one of my RAM sticks.

Now the OS is installed I keep getting BSOD during heavy load (mostly multiple things at once, for example more than 5 updates in a batch from windows update would result in a crash). I've researched a fair bit on Google but havent been able to find anything that helps. I've read alot suggesting the ASUS mobos with Nvidia chipsets are problematic.

I've attached a zip file with the minidumps from my BSOD and the system details.
    This is my hardware setup:
    ASUS P5N-E-SLI motherboard with latest BIOS
    Intel Quad Core 2.80 (think its a Q6600) with stock cooling
    4X 1GB RAM stick
    Club 3d Radeon HD2900XT
    New 650Watt High Power PSU
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 Ecogreen 2GB
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Hope somebody can help me!

Thanks
    Pat

Attached Files:

2. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Hey.

Your memory management bsod problems are being caused by your Norton Symantec. Typical for sure. Please uninstall it using the special tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

MSE is a great replacement because it is low on resources and absolutely never causes bsod on any hardware.

Enjoy man. :)

3. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Agreed.. If the above suggestion doesn't work try running sfc scannow in a admin command prompt. If that doesn't help then try running with just one stick of RAM. If everything is ok with one stick and not the other/s then you probably have some bad RAM..