Windows 7 BSOD on first boot, seemingly random other times.

DaStevez

I built this machine about a month ago:

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
Intel Core i7-870 @ 2.93GHz
G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2 x 2GB @ 1333MHz) DDR3 1600
GeForce 9500 GT @ 512MB

I've been getting a BSOD when I first boot up. The system seems to run fine after I restart. The reasons given are usually "page fault in nonpaged area" and "memory management" but I've seen a couple of different ones on isolated occasions.

At first I thought there was a problem with the drivers for my crappy wireless card but I removed the device and uninstalled the driver. That hasn't helped. I think that there may be a manufacturing issue with the RAM but I wanted to check with someone who knows better than me before I try to get ahold of customer service.
View attachment Minidump.rar

Hello, welcome.

1) Uninstall Daemon Tools. Then use this installer/uninstaller to carefully remove (not update) sptd.sys:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO to replace it. Emulation part of the software is free forever and will never crash Windows:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

2) Type systeminfo in a command prompt. If your Realtek lan is 8111, use the following link to update. If anything else, search the left side of the link for the update:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

RTL8111

3) If issues persist, uninstall Avast! in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE.

Back
Top Bottom