Windows 7 BSOD on Sleep, Win7x64

Mysst

Recently, my PC has gone to sleep and then apparently BSODing. I updated all the drivers and it seemed to sleep fine for a day before it started happening again. Here are the dump files for the last two crashes after driver updates.
View attachment Dumps.zip

Hi and welcome.

Uninstall AVG in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and then install MSE.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Update the Realtek network driver:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Aug 20 12:05:06 2009

Search the left side of the link for your number of Realtek lan. You can type systeminfo in a command prompt to see which Realtek lan you have:

Realtek

082910-25927-01.dmp
INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)
DRIVER_FAULT
The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.

These drivers are not so much obsolete, but I would consider updating them if newer versions are available at the manufacturers' sites:

ASACPI.sys Thu May 14 04:25:17 2009
Update your motherboard drivers

nvhda64v.sys Fri Aug 21 23:23:50 2009
NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver

viahduaa.sys Tue Jun 02 11:55:21 2009
VIA High Definition Audio Driver
VIA Technologies, Inc.

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 15:17:04 2009
GEAR Software

Please run Driver Verifier then post the crash dumps. This should flag out the offending driver. It's needed because all of them look well to me, so I can't tell you which might be causing the bsods (there might be RAM defections):

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Tech Support Forum

Post any crash dumps after enabling.

-------

The current crashes are telling us that the Power Policy Manager is experiencing errors while preparing the hibernate file. You can turn off hibernation which would fix this particular problem, especially if the hard drive is at fault somehow. In an elevated command prompt, type the following then press enter:

powercfg -h off

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom