BSOD on video playback

MPC

I am testing windows 7 on a machine and there are a couple of things that are causing me some grief. One of which is not too bad but the other is a real problem.

The first problem is when I enable the AHCI SATA in the bios windows won't load it gets to the loading screen and then BSOD and reboots. When I disable this and run in IDE mode everything is fine. The experience index for drive data reading is 2.9 which if I am not mistaken is due to the mode that the SATA is being read.

The other is the major issue and its associated with video playback. Whenever I am watching any videos Xvid/DivX I get BSOD after only a few minutes. I have tried many different videos with the same result.

Here are the fixes I have tried:
1. Installed VLC - Still BSOD
2. Tried the windows update driver for GPU and the Latest release from Nvidia Specific for Windows 7
3. Tried 3 sets of Realtek audio drivers for the onboard sound
4. Installed Klite codec pack to try see if it was a codec problem.

None of the above have solved the issue I have reverted back to the original setup and I am at a loss. There is nothing else going wrong so far other than this. No BSOD except during video playback.

System Specs:
Windows 7 build7000 64bit
Q6600 Quad
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
4GB Corsair Dominator
BFG 9600GT
250GB Sata2 Seagate Baraccuda 7200.10
LG 24" Widescreen

Thanks for any assistance.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.